The Great Train Race

GaryM53

What happens in a case like this? My coin was in GC2G3HB and was taken by someone who didn't log it out. Today it was grabbed out of GC1M28N which it was never logged into. There is 323 miles between the two caches, so am I out of luck or is there a way I can claim the 323 miles?

You could definitely contact the person who grabbed the coin from GC1M28N and ask them to log the coin as "visited" in that cache, before they log it into a new cache.

Normally you could also do that job yourself, after the cacher has dropped the coin: Retrieve the coin from the most recent cache - drop and retrieve or simply visit in GC1M28N - drop again in the most recent cache. Since you haven't actually visited these caches yourself, you would perfom these actions by using a "write note" type of log instead of "found it" log, and then delete the "note" logs after the mission has been accomplished.

HOWEVER, since the coin is part of a race, I'm not sure that you (race participant) are allowed to perform any of the logging yourself.

I would try asking the person who holds the coin now, to do it for you.

WOW! I had almost forgoten about my racer! Well... it is still in a cache! :( It's been there for 2 months!! huh... probably it is not a well visited cache..... so definatelly not good for a racer! When the coin was first droped there I was in the 5th place... and now I am on the 11th.....

my only hopes is if someone takes it to Australia or New Zealand... and bring it back! huh! :(

Seeing this topic yesterday prompted me to chase up The Blorenges Travel Express which hasn't moved since February. I emailed the few cachers who found the cache it's (supposed to be) in up to when a cacher logged that "no trackables in the cache". One reply so far from one who didn't notice the coin when he visited, but it's always nice to get a response even if it doesn't help much so I sent an email to thank him for getting in touch.

Never mind. It might re-appear somewhere.

Is there a table of the current leaders somewhere? Have I missed a link to it?

MrsB :)

I do not know if there is a leader's list of something.... I just checked all the racers under the name...of "The Travel Express" :)

I hope your train will start its engines soon my friend! I mean... to reappear! :)

To All Racers,

I need to find time to up-date the race and list the progress. I have been out of the country working. I will try and post soon. If anyone in the race has changes to be made please e-mail me and I will try and up-date them from my end.

Conductor

Listed below are the winners for most miles traveled! Prizes will be sent after all winners have been established for most caches visited and most geocahers logging/posting.

Most Miles traveled:

1st Place - Rockotter with 28.436 Miles

2nd Place - Randy's (The Amigos) 21,708 Miles

3rd Place - Jay's (JandJ Love) 19,543 Miles

4th Place - Natalie's 15,448 Miles

5th Place - DonB 13,836 Miles

6th Place - Laval K-9 13,686 Miles

7th Place - TeamEccs21 - 13,018 Miles

Please send mailing address so I can start getting prizes ready to ship.

other winners will be anounced once I have time to add them up!

Thanks

Conductor

"The Travel Express"

Listed below are the winners for most miles traveled! Prizes will be sent after all winners have been established for most caches visited and most geocahers logging/posting.

Most Miles traveled:

other winners will be anounced once I have time to add them up!

Thanks

Conductor

"The Travel Express"

I was just looking to see what was going on with this race and here we are in 6th place. Cool!!!!! :laughing:

Thanks conductor, e-mail on its way ;)

Most Miles traveled:

other winners will be announced once I have time to add them up!

Thanks

Conductor

"The Travel Express"

Not too bad considering mine came up missing for two months and laid in another cache for about two months.

Thanks for the race Gary and congratulations to the other winners.

To All,

I have all the totals completed and had a person here in Canada trying to help me post the standings. (it didn't work) I know just enough about a computer to get in trouble. I have decided to honor the top (7) finishers in four catagories as winners. I will be traveling back to the states tomorrow and will try again once I get home. I will also post the total miles, geocachers, caches and logs. After that has been completed I plan to send out adoption request so everyone can change the mission of thier racer. I hope some find thier way back to the train station.

GaryM