The Great Train Race

GaryM53

Yay! Better late than never! Plus, I must catch up to EyeD10T...

After a trip on the Travel Express Train you might just pass Eye10D10T. I wonder where you will travel N/S/E/W up or down?

He may pass me up for a short time, but I am going to really going to start chunking coal in the old burner and take off very soon!!! :anibad::rolleyes:

Edited by EyeD10T

After a trip on the Travel Express Train you might just pass Eye10D10T. I wonder where you will travel N/S/E/W up or down?

MinnesotaBen has started the race! His new coin is TB42DEZ and is in Cache GC2Q6G4!

MinnesotaBen will receive a "Home Is Where The Cache Is" geocoin for being the last one to enter the race. EyeD10T and MinnesotaBen will both receive a "Travel Express" Dubloon coin designed by Jackelgirl as soon as they arrive.These are just a few of the prizes that will be awarded as this race continues.

Good Luck All

GaryM53 Conductor of The Travel Express

Edited by GaryM53

MinnesotaBen has started the race! His new coin is TB42DEZ and is in Cache GC2Q6G4!

MinnesotaBen will receive a "Home Is Where The Cache Is" geocoin for being the last one to enter the race. EyeD10T and MinnesotaBen will both receive a "Travel Express" Dubloon coin

Thanks again for your generosity as well as organizing the race, and getting my coin started on the right track!

Edited by MinnesotaBen

MinnesotaBen will receive a "Home Is Where The Cache Is" geocoin for being the last one to enter the race. EyeD10T and MinnesotaBen will both receive a "Travel Express" Dubloon coin designed by Jackelgirl as soon as they arrive.These are just a few of the prizes that will be awarded as this race continues.

Good Luck All

Very cool GaryM53 - that is kind of you. I appreciate all that you have done and are doing for this race. I have enjoyed the anticipation of waiting for mine to get dropped and I have been watching the race from afar ;) Its a lot of fun!

Good Luck All

Very cool GaryM53 - that is kind of you. I appreciate all that you have done and are doing for this race. I have enjoyed the anticipation of waiting for mine to get dropped and I have been watching the race from afar ;) Its a lot of fun!

Very cool... I think mine is actually moving now too!

A new train is in the lead! Congratulations J and J Love, but watch out, not far behind us I see a Greek train producing a lot of steam recently.

http://www.geocaching.com/track/search.aspx?tx=1fe76555-3a42-4bee-8fec-240650cddcce&o=1&uid=46e05e12-7c03-4a13-b79f-5d936ca45217

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Right now I am in the forth place.... but I am waiting the new IMF part of the help to buy more coal... :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

well... the best is to keep going and arrive in its destination safely.... ;)

steamtrain.gif

MinnesotaBen will be entering the race very soon.

Well I'm not sure what kind of railroad tracks they have in Texas, but GaryM53 sure found me a good station to get started as the last coin in the race!

I had been stockpiling coal all winter once the cointest started, but my train wasn't built until March 13th. But once it was placed, I headed out of town on quite the scenic tour. I had no idea that tracks from Texas run to Florida... then to the Bahamas... then to Mississippi... and finally ending in Alabama some 2000+ miles later! That was quite the scenic tour! (and took me from last to 18th place! B) )

Looks like I'll rest for a bit and restock my coal supply. But hopefully not too long... it was no fun being the caboose!

Ill wait for you pal! ;)

You don't have to wait anymore! ;)

:anibad:

Actually after doing a quick search, I found out my coin was muggled and has gone missing. Looks like I was one if not the first one out of the race.

Nope, I won that contest. I beat you to it by one day. :)

Marie your coin was stollen???? After 9808 miles? :(

I guess I don't know for sure. Someone confirmed dropping the coin (Feb 27th), the next finder (March 12th) confirmed that the coin was not there. Well, perhaps the train started rolling by itself...

I guess that's bad karma, after someone logged my train into a suspicious-looking cache in Germany and then back to USA! :rolleyes:

Anyway, I checked the dates more carefully, and Ashallond's could have gone missing anywhere between Feb 3rd and March 19th. Shall we call it a tie?

In the other race I've entered, my TB moved a grand total of 0 miles before getting lost in someone's pockets! Now I'm counting on my Heifer cows to make up for my bad luck so far... :anibad:

I have just returned from Canada and was pleased to find the Doubloons had arrived from Japan! Thanks Jackelgirl! One of the (2) Doubloons is a Travel Express geocoin. The battle we had for last place in getting started was between MinnesotaBen and EyeD10T. I need them to send thier addresses to me so I can send them a Travel Express coin. More prizes to come! Good luck everyone!

The battle we had for last place in getting started was between MinnesotaBen and EyeD10T.

I need them to send their addresses to me so I can send them a Travel Express coin.

Message sent. Thank you again for your generosity.

Update on the last two to start...

MinnesotaBen: 2385 Miles and still traveling (currently 24th of 75)

EyeD10T: 427 Miles and appears to be missing. I hope it shows up soon!!

The battle we had for last place in getting started was between MinnesotaBen and EyeD10T.

I need them to send their addresses to me so I can send them a Travel Express coin.

Message sent. Thank you again for your generosity.

Update on the last two to start...

MinnesotaBen: 2385 Miles and still traveling (currently 24th of 75)

EyeD10T: 427 Miles and appears to be missing. I hope it shows up soon!!

Hey - I was gaining some momentum there for a bit :)

:rolleyes: Fabulous News!! :rolleyes:

Florida was just not doing it for us, must just be to hot to cache there. We have been picked up and moved to Virginia...yahoo, 1200 miles for us now!! :lol: Hopefully we will continue moving....

Can ya believe this....after a brief visit to Virginia, we are now back in Florida! :huh:

What happens in a case like this? My coin was in GC2G3HB and was taken by someone who didn't log it out. Today it was grabbed out of GC1M28N which it was never logged into. There is 323 miles between the two caches, so am I out of luck or is there a way I can claim the 323 miles?

:rolleyes: Fabulous News!! :rolleyes:

Florida was just not doing it for us, must just be to hot to cache there. We have been picked up and moved to Virginia...yahoo, 1200 miles for us now!! :lol: Hopefully we will continue moving....

Can ya believe this....after a brief visit to Virginia, we are now back in Florida! :huh:

Nothing wrong with Florida (excpet hurricanes, heat, bugs...)- as it gets colder up north we cache more down here in the warmer weather