The Great Train Race

GaryM53

I received Chickahominy's coin last week and I plan to send it out before the holidays:)

: ) Yayyy! I'm so excited! This is the first 'official' race I've participated in. Thanks to everyone for making it happen.

This is my first race as well....very exciting. The cache where I dropped yours off seems to get regular visitors, since it's fairly close to the freeway, so, hopefully a cacher will pick it up while traveling during the holidays. Good luck Chickahominy:)

I have two racers: drneal's and rockotter's. I will place them AFTER Christmas day, and hopefully more Texas geocachers will help them out with some serious miles, as we are staying home for the holidays this year.

I DID post pictures of their racers. I always like seeing my trackables and am so appreciative of geocachers who include pictures with trackables or geocaches.

Waiting in Norway as well...

But I'll be away from my mailbox for a little while. Don't worry if your coin isn't moving, it might be waiting for me. I'll do my best to give it a great start of its journey.

mamoreb, your train traveler visited a few more Wisconsin caches and has now been passed to another cacher for a while.

Rest assured that this cacher will treat your racer as his own and will not drop it in a cache that he would not drop his own trackables in. Good Luck and many miles to your racer.

I've got two that I dipped to start and will be placing soon. They belong to SYOTT and cainrcc.

As my area is quite stagnant at times, I'll do my best to place them in caches that are a bit out of town but see more traffic than the local caches.

Mine hasn't been grabbed yet, I'm curious as to where it's starting.

mamoreb, your train traveler visited a few more Wisconsin caches and has now been passed to another cacher for a while.

Rest assured that this cacher will treat your racer as his own and will not drop it in a cache that he would not drop his own trackables in. Good Luck and many miles to your racer.

Thanks for the excellent news! I'm very excited about this race getting started. Not so much about winning anything, as about seeing the coins move and people helping out along the way.

This is the first race I'm participating in. The travel express coin was also the first geocoin I ever saw/moved, and since I love trains (especially steam ones!), I'm particularly affectionate about it.

I can't wait to open my mailbox to see whose coin I've got. There's an X-mas/advent cache series in my area that is getting lots of visits these days. I'm hoping that the coin will gain a lot of carriers and some mileage there.

Edited by mamoreb

Well, since I have had the Team Kizb's train race coin, I have dipped it in a few caches, logged a few miles, and even got a couple of cachers to discover it along the way. Today I decided that it was time to drop it off so it can continue its journey. I dropped it off in one of the best caches I have ever seen Nashuans First Cache and since there was snow on the ground I was able to verify that this cache was easy to get to in the winter. I hope this coin travels far - its been fun carrying it around for the past couple of weeks. :)

Here is a picture of the goblet in the cache that holds the coin:

teamtizbs.jpg

Edited by EyeD10T

I had hoped that my coin to be moved would arrive in 2010... Now we have two non-working days ahead and I'll leave on Monday for a week of vacation.

In advance, sorry to the owner of the coin sent my way, I'll do my best to move it as soon as possible when I come back, if the coin comes in inbetween, that is!

:D I recieved two Travel express geocoins on 31-12-2010 :D

AJ 104"Travel Express Geocoin and Mildred's Travel Express Geocoin.

I dropped on 31-12-2010 AJ 104"Travel Express Geocoin :)

I will dropp the Mildred's Travel Express Geocoin today or tommorrow.

Thats my grandsons coin Thanks for helping GaryM53

Good news! We just opened our mailbox, and out jumped Every's travel express AND Steve's (the4defaus) travel express!

They will soon start their journey in Norway, where snow doesn't prevent geocachers from moving around. I can't wait to watch the coins travel around!

:D I recieved two Travel express geocoins on 31-12-2010 :D

AJ 104"Travel Express Geocoin and Mildred's Travel Express Geocoin.

I dropped on 31-12-2010 AJ 104"Travel Express Geocoin :)

I will dropp the Mildred's Travel Express Geocoin today or tommorrow.

Thats my grandsons coin Thanks for helping GaryM53

Hope the coin get a great journey :-)

When we got home today after our week's vacation, the coins were waiting for us.

Sweetlife Barry's coin and Frothingham's coin have been virtually dipped in our nearest cache to start their travel as close to our home as possible, and we will drop them in fairly active caches as soon as possible. Geocachers tend to be hibernating in these parts, so we can only hope their start will be timely!

Safe travels!

Station announcement: "The trains now arriving in south Wales, UK, are Lily's and Terry's Travel Express train from Abilene, Texas. It's a long way through the Trans-Atlantic tunnel. Passengers for all south Wales stations change here. These train will be pausing to take on coal from the Welsh coalfields and will then continue their journeys onwards to all points in the UK."

Terry's Travel Express

Lily's Travel Express

I don't know who Terry and Lily are but all's well and Good Luck in the race.

MrsB

I received 2 coins (sweetlifes and john's ammoman) and were droped in caches already, today in the afternoon! unfortunatelly my computer passed out and I have to buy a new one! since I do not know when this will happen... I do not know when I will be back in the forums (just in case someone will miss me!):lol: I am using now the PC of my brother in law, but it is not easy to do that aften!

I will definatelly miss you all!!! :(

Good luck to all and if you do not see movement for some days in the coins that are in Rhodes... do not worry... season is off but we do have some visitor geocachers...

<snip>

unfortunatelly my computer passed out and I have to buy a new one! since I do not know when this will happen... I do not know when I will be back in the forums (just in case someone will miss me!):lol: I am using now the PC of my brother in law, but it is not easy to do that aften!

<snip>

Nikos...I went through this recently as well. NOT fun! I can't even begin to tell you how much stuff I had to reinstall once I got a new computer to use.

Good luck, buddy! We'll be here when you get back!!

I received 2 coins (sweetlifes and john's ammoman) and were droped in caches already, today in the afternoon! unfortunatelly my computer passed out and I have to buy a new one! since I do not know when this will happen... I do not know when I will be back in the forums (just in case someone will miss me!):lol: I am using now the PC of my brother in law, but it is not easy to do that aften!

Good luck to all and if you do not see movement for some days in the coins that are in Rhodes... do not worry... season is off but we do have some visitor geocachers...

I and my Nikos will miss you; see you soon!!!!

Finally received Penquin's and Thomas's coin in the mail today. They took 1 month to get here :blink: , that's insanely way over the usual time it takes, BUT the good news is that they will be dropped in a cache soon so they can begin their race. Will write back

Turlutortue

Our packages were probably traveling together, I also got ours today. We got David's and Kelly's coins and we will drop them very soon :D

Mine either. There should be another part to this mission and that is to see whos is the last to get grabbed :lol::lol:

I took a look at the one that I had and it has over 1000 miles on it, but I just looked at the sorted list That Minnesota Ben provided and some are pushing 5000 miles...I swear - these coins have a more adventurous life than I do LOL :rolleyes::laughing:

One travel express coin arrived in New Zealand, and I grabbed it when I got home from my summer holiday. Next caching trip out - maybe in two weeks to Dunedin, it will be dropped off into a cache.

But first I have to do a few days work - both for wages and in my garden.

Raspberries, beans, peas, zucchini, scallopini, corn all want harvesting..... so caching now has to slow down.