Mystery Coins

Swansea Jack

I have been fortunate to have been given a number of mystery coins.

Some came from the Highland GeoFairy (I also live in the Highlands) but I also received some from the US.

Some of these are trackable, others are specially made and are not trackable.

CreepyCrawly

Pay It Forward

Highland GeoFairy

These coins either turn up in caches or not in caches but "under rocks at the base of a tree" with coordinates sent - I had received emails from various anonymous accounts alerting me.

I have quite a number of mystery coins :)

Only one came from a cache, the others came anonymously via the snail mail and a few mysteriously appeared about my person / wheelchair / caching bag / hotel room at geocoinfest.

I have also distributed some on behalf of some US cachers that I know personally.

Unless they are from a cache, by and large they are distributed amongst the geocoin community, and in fairness, not many UK cachers frequent the geocoin forums.

There's a certain amount of etiquette involved wth mystery coins too.

Wendy - what kind of etiquette?

It's not written anywhere or anything, but over the years I have picked up things like,

a) Don't beg

b ) Even if you have an idea who was behind a coin, do not reveal the giver

c) Report thanks on geocoin forum, with photo if possible

d) NEVER sell a mystery geocoin for personal gain - with permission of giver in aid of charity is usually fine though

e) Remember people fund mystery coins from their own pocket for the joy of giving, so take joy that someone got one rather than be upset you didn't

f) Pay it forward ...

There may be more!

Edited by Dorsetgal & GeoDog

I found a: 'Tonibunny's lucky Geocaching bunny ages ago and didn't understand what it was?

It has a number and on the back it says:

Keep me or move me on.

Contact Tonibunny to register me.

happy Geocaching.

I tried to find out as much as I could about it (which was not a lot) and decided to keep it.

It stays in my Geocaching bag as a good luck charm but I still wonder about registering it?

Any clues?

I found a: 'Tonibunny's lucky Geocaching bunny ages ago and didn't understand what it was?

It has a number and on the back it says:

Keep me or move me on.

Contact Tonibunny to register me.

happy Geocaching.

I tried to find out as much as I could about it (which was not a lot) and decided to keep it.

It stays in my Geocaching bag as a good luck charm but I still wonder about registering it?

Any clues?

Yes, here's one...

tonibunny

(That's a nice signature item - I have/had one of her GeoJelly beans)

MrsB :angry:

Edited by The Blorenges