Garmin eTrex basic help...

jorlyfish

Hey guys. I have a Garmin eTrex (I dont think the model gets any more specific than that - it's yellow and black if that helps.) and am having issues trying to put in GPS coordinates. I read somewhere else you're supposed to create and edit a waypoint, but I'm not sure how to do it... Even just seeing my current coordinates would be helpful, but I can't seem to find where/how to do that either.

Thanks in advance!

I have the etrex Vista HCx. The way I do it is to go to Mark from the Main Menu. Then move up and edit the Location to the coords you want and you can edit the name. Then OK. That takes you back to the Main Menu. Then go to Find, Recent Find and choose the waypoint that you just edited.

I am in the same boat as you are..welcome aboard. I just bought a Garmin eTrex H and it is yellow and black and I cant figure it out to save my life (good thing I am not lost in the woods, literally). If you come across any info please share and I will with you too. Where are you located? I am in Sarasota, Floriida. Anne