Magellan eXplorist 500LE problem

Jimbolution

Hi there, im a brand new Geo explorer :D

and i've a problem of precision with my GPS, i lock one Geocache point and when im exactly right on the coordonate on the GPS, im like a big 200 meters wrong of the suppose point. im asking myself if i miss a chapter, i change my hour to the winter hour and im really out of the cache... did i forgot something to ajust on the GPS or can i make a kind of formula and ajust the point with a math ajust ???

help me please, i wanna found my first cache :unsure:

Ive been using that unit since feb 07 and it is usually pretty accurate, maybe more than some Ive cached along side of but at the same time its slower to settle into qround zero.I now expect to only get within say between a few feet and 20 or so of the exact spot the cache is in on average due to all the variables involved.Hopefully between getting some experience in the field and whatever info you can get from the manual and online it will become easier

Jimbo,

I agree with JohnyVegas.....may be a datum setting.

Push Menu.....Preferences.....Map Units.....then page down the screen to the Map Datum box....select WGS84.

i switch to WGS84 and i already saw a difference on the spot... i will try again tomorrow see where this is going to send me this time.... what is suppose to change exactly ??? and in the menu Map unit the specs are : North Reference magnetic / Coord System UTM and Map Datum WGS84... is there ok with all the setup ???

Jimbo,

I agree with JohnyVegas.....may be a datum setting.

Push Menu.....Preferences.....Map Units.....then page down the screen to the Map Datum box....select WGS84.

i switch to WGS84 and i already saw a difference on the spot... i will try again tomorrow see where this is going to send me this time.... what is suppose to change exactly ??? and in the menu Map unit the specs are : North Reference magnetic / Coord System UTM and Map Datum WGS84... is there ok with all the setup ???