Lock 'n' Lock

DashleyRVA

The target near me has a huge selection of brand-name Lock and Locks.

There is a target online, so you might be able to get them there.

They also have a nice selection at the Asian Grocery store near me: H Mart. Theirs are particularly inexpensive, although Target is cheaper than anyone besides H Mart.

PS. A lot of the cheaper brands just do not hold up, especially through the winter. Better to pay for it once, then replace it many times.

Edited by Sol seaker

Lock and Lock is a brand name. The cheap stuff from the Dollar Store is not Lock and Lock. RubberMaid (which, as Brian says, is inferior) has driven Lock and Lock out of all my local stores: KMart, Walmart, Target and the supermarkets. I haven't tried JCPenneys. I've been using some other brands from TJMaxx. Some are holding up, others not.

Lock and Lock is a brand name. The cheap stuff from the Dollar Store is not Lock and Lock. RubberMaid (which, as Brian says, is inferior) has driven Lock and Lock out of all my local stores: KMart, Walmart, Target and the supermarkets. I haven't tried JCPenneys. I've been using some other brands from TJMaxx. Some are holding up, others not.

which ones are holding up?

I currently use the Rubbermaid knock offs. I wish Lock n locks were still in most main stores because they were better, and American made. They are apparently huge in China, and can be bought online but any savings are off set by shipping. My containers are holding up quite well, but we don't deal with much snow here, and that may be a factor.

Just got back from Target and Dollar Tree....Dollar Tree had a REALLY cheap version...Target had a few options and I ended up picking up a Sterilite Ultra Seal model...hopefeully it holds up....seems pretty good...

We've got a cacher around here who uses cheap Lock n Lock type containers purchased at the local dollar store. In less than a year many have developed broken latches and don't seal properly.

The shelf at Wegmans was stuffed with them today.

That'll be fine if they live in isolated pockets of the Mid-Atlantic region. :)

I've seen lock-n-lock's all over said region. What I haven't been able to find are some of the quality name brand knock-off's like Sterlite and Farberware. Haven't seen Farberware in like a year, acutally. And believe me, I've been looking for them.

After I saw Wegman's noted above, I stopped by one to check their selection. They had mostly medium and small L&L's, with one nested assortment of round ones for pretty cheap.

What I found interesting is something apparently new - a Lock 'n Lock 'Premium'. They were so clear I initially thought they were glass. Fairly expensive. They'd make the bomb squads happy, though!

They're best quality, so of course, KRFS stopped carrying them. IIRC, I saw some at that fancy french store. You know, Tarzhay? Fortunately, we also have Meijer in my area. Loc-n-Loc is much better than Sterlite and whatever that off brand is that KRFS sells.

KRFS = Killer Rabbit Food Store., aka Wal-Mart. It's a long story. ;)

They also have a nice selection at the Asian Grocery store near me: H Mart. Theirs are particularly inexpensive, although Target is cheaper than anyone besides H Mart.

I just stopped at the H Mart in Tigard.

They have a whole half side of an aisle of the Lock&Lock brand.

Which I consider superior.

350ML size for $1.79