Thumbnail Images

Guest glenn95630

1) The gallery rotates. New pics come in at the top, old rotate off the bottom.

2) The bug owner has the ability to upload a number of pictures for his bug. He optionally has the ability to pick one to become the main picture for the bug, and if he does so, that picture will appear in the gallery.

If a bug owner changes the main picture, it will reappear at the top of the gallery.

[This message has been edited by arffer (edited 10 October 2001).]

Guest Markwell

BTW - I'm having some problems with Geoffrey's photo, but not the website. First, let me unequivocally state that I am buying our first digital camera for Christmas this year!!! I had taken some photos of Geoffrey with my little cheapo camera and got them back last night - out of focus because they were too close.

I thought about putting up a temporary little photo of a similar movie character, with a notation of "Real Photo Coming Soon" but thought the better of it.

I started a new roll of 24 photos on my high quality camera last night with about 5 really close-up shots of Geoff's identical twin (sans dog tag number - since Geoffrey went out about 15:30 CDT yesterday).

Once I get the photo back and scanned, I will be placing it as his main thumbnailed photo and he should appear in the gallery.

[This message has been edited by Markwell (edited 10 October 2001).]

Just FYI - I'm using a component that resizes the image, so it doesn't look cruddy (like when you change the width in HTML). It also generates a thumbnail image.

I noticed that sometimes the image doesn't generate properly. In these cases I usually go back in and download the original, re-upload it to the site and try it again. It usually works the second time.

So, no need to resize it to 300 pixels wide. It even sharpens the image slightly.

Jeremy

quote:
Originally posted by jeremy:

Just FYI - I'm using a component that resizes the image, so it doesn't look cruddy

That is so cool!

You know, just a few minutes ago, I tried to reproduce the awful image I got on my Larry Boy bug, before I discovered the 300 width issue.

And I couldn't do it. I uploaded the original narrow image I had, and it looked pretty good. So I couldn't figure out why it didn't look bad like the first time I uploaded it.

And now I know the rest of the story!

I'll pull all my comments about the 300 width issue. Thanks Jeremy!

Guest Markwell

BTW- Thumbnail images, fake movements, etc., etc. I should have know Jeremy would be all over this stuff like flies on ding-dongs. That's gotta be why it took so dang long to get this "Mystery Item" released.

Jeremy: Yoo dah man!

Guest glenn95630

I understand that the gallery rotates. But does it have to? I think it would be nice to be able to see all the travellers. Even more than one page of thumbs would be okay. The reason is I wanted to show my kids the travellers and they asked me if I had picked up one. I have, but its picture wasn't there. To show the picture I would either have to record the id number of the travellers I pick up or hope that it is listed in the recent sitings page. Or is there another way... maybe search by name?

Glenn95630