West Tiger Mountain - Short Notice Hike

TotemLake

I'm feeling a bit antsy and plan on making a hike on Sunday with my puppy Penny. This is not an HOTM.

I'l lbe starting at the High Point Trailhead (bookmarked) with the aim of going after most of the caches on the bookmark list and maybe a few more depending on how I feel. Some of them are PM.

If you feel like joining me, I plan on being at the trailhead between 8:30AM and 9AM. Bring a lunch you can warm up. I expect it to be a bit coolish. I'll have my stove with me.

For the rest of you, I'll be making Twitter and Facebook posts as well as leaving a track you can follow at FindMeSpot.

A special geocoin is going to be featured on this hike as part of a DeLorme challenge as well.

Edited by TotemLake

Looks like it may be a good day. I'm also open to extending the hike out to grab other caches in the area considering what I have mapped out is a mere ~3 miles.

We're planning on being there. We'll bring SudsyMaggie with us on the 7:10 ferry. NWCREW is having labor issues with his pit crew, so he is a maybe at this point. Last we heard, he was threatening to flog them until their morale improved, so he might still get things sorted out.

We are not aware of your warm lunch traditions, so let us know if we should bring something other than our usual fare of small kibble with gravy.

We haven't seen LandRover since August. We love hiking with him a long as he leaves his cow at home.

Looks like it may be a good day. I'm also open to extending the hike out to grab other caches in the area considering what I have mapped out is a mere ~3 miles.

We're planning on being there. We'll bring SudsyMaggie with us on the 7:10 ferry. NWCREW is having labor issues with his pit crew, so he is a maybe at this point. Last we heard, he was threatening to flog them until their morale improved, so he might still get things sorted out.

We are not aware of your warm lunch traditions, so let us know if we should bring something other than our usual fare of small kibble with gravy.

We haven't seen LandRover since August. We love hiking with him a long as he leaves his cow at home.

This is turning into quite the affair. :)

There's no tradition. I'm just thinking the weather will be cooler so I'm going to eat a hot freeze-dried lunch. Bring what you want to eat.

Andrew, I'm very interested in the Forgotten Bridge. I didn't list it because I wasn't sure how easy it would be to come back up the slope but the more the merrier. :D

Too bad I've got so many things happening I wish I could attend.

I put the original Forgotten Bridge in, my suggestion would be to avoid it since we have had so much rain. Unless you really enjoy Blackberry thorns, mud and slippery conditions.

Good luck to all...

Mutt :)

We managed to take the tough way in and the easy way out. Take good boots, gaiters, and gloves for this one this time of year.

We also managed to find the Platform Cache. It's there and with a new log. The other one was soaked. I have it will dry it out and photo it for the owner.

Edited by TotemLake