Appropriate Things to do for a Hijacked Travel Bug?

mightywarlock

Just wondering what i should do, or what we should do, other than emailing the person who took a travel bug and has never dropped it off anywhere over a very long period of time? One of my bugs has been in someone's possession for 8 months or so and i emailed them about it, and they very briefly told me they were busy and would get around to it sometime...or something like that.

should there be a rating system for geocachers on this site, sort of the way ebay has they buyer and seller ratings?

what do you think??

It seems the person holding your bug has three finds. Two of those finds are the one cache he/she placed. They probably aren't very interested in Geocaching.

My advice to you. Let it go. If it comes back you're lucky. Don't stress over it though. You already did all you could do by E-mailing them.

====================================

As always, the above statements are just MHO.

They respond to email??

Maybe you could get their address and send them a pre-paid mailer, so they can send it back to you. Then, even if they won't visit another cache, maybe they will put forth that extra effort of droping it in the mail...

waypoint_link.gif22008_1700.gif37_gp_logo88x31.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Harrald:

It seems the person holding your bug has _three_ finds. _Two_ of those finds are the _one_ cache he/she placed. They probably aren't very interested in Geocaching.

My advice to you. __Let it go__. If it comes back you're lucky. Don't stress over it though. You already did all you could do by E-mailing them.

As always, the above statements are just MHO.

I've got to agree. It's not worth the grief or stress. Assume that any TB you release is emarking on a dangerous journey brimming with danger and pitfalls. Some make it. Some don't. I just consider it part of the game.

Just abot the time I've written off a missing travel bug it seems to pop up again. You never know.

Jolly R. Blackburn

http://kenzerco.com

I own 8 TB's but have only released (and therefor registered) one. I gave it a name and mission which is obvious to anyone wanting to pick it up. Perhaps if more TB's had mission-specific names, people would be more likely not to let it sit around the computer room. As always, there are those who just don't care either way.

By the way, I called mine Ohio Bound Bear. If you weren't going in that direction, you likely wouldn't have an interest in picking it up.

Just my thoughts.

don

Indeed. Indeed!

Thanks so much. He is now in the upper peninsula of Michigan after spending some time at the Fiesta Bowl in January. A party just picked him up in Michigan yesterday and was going to head south a ways. It's still a long way to Ohio, but thanks for getting him started.

don