FTF`s

ricnvic

However, if you are looking for a "listing" of the caches on which you have been the FTF, you will not find it on the Geocaching.com website. The website does not track that. You will have to compile those statistics yourself. I believe that this can be done in GSAK.

This is what I want to do . But you must do it manually in gsak.

How have found that CacheStats will do this for you as log as you have put FTF at the beginning of your log.

When you log your caches.

Thanks to all .

Geocaching.com needs to add this feature.

However, if you are looking for a "listing" of the caches on which you have been the FTF, you will not find it on the Geocaching.com website. The website does not track that. You will have to compile those statistics yourself. I believe that this can be done in GSAK.

This is what I want to do . But you must do it manually in gsak.

How have found that CacheStats will do this for you as log as you have put FTF at the beginning of your log.

Thanks to all .

You can also get GSAK to do something similar.

There is no way for GC.com to add this feature. How does it know that your log is the FTF log? First log online? nope, the FTF's I've gotten I have not been the first to log on line. Some check box? I can see the battles and the crying to GC.com because he stole my FTF. Nope, I think GC.com should just stay out of the FTF subgame. And then we have the matter of how is it handled in the .gpx file. Without information in the .gpx file none of the statistics packages can show FTF's. And it has been demonstrated several times that if GC.com changes the .gpx files they break all sorts of software.

No it doesn't.

Premium members can set up a bookmark list and record their FTFs that way. Please don't make it a public list however as some cache owners don't like their cache pages having a link to ricnvic's FTFs. You can make it shared and put a link in your profile if you want.

You don't have to put it at the beginning of your log. There is a tick box in cachestats that will record a ftf. Admittedly it's a manual thing, but if it doesn't pick up the wording in your log ....

I don't think GS will ever track FTFs as there would be too many disputes they would then have to deal with.

FTF is not always the first person to log online, it's who signs the paper log first. And GS have no way of determining that.

You would get people logging a FTF online then someone else claiming it was their FTF as they signed the log first, but the other person would say the log wasn't dated or timed and they were in league with the CO and signed it before the cache was placed, and the first person would deny it, and ..... (you see where this might cause problems B) )

Then there are the teams who go out (two couples perhaps) and claim a joint FTF on a cache. So the system would have to allow more than one account to claim a FTF.

It would all get horribly complicated and cause much angst.

And I haven't even mentioned the fact that many people don't recognise FTF as a significant part of the game and would undoubtedly object to GS trying to make it an official part of the game.

Best to leave that kettle of worms to lie in the bag, so to speak.

Edited by Lovejoy and Tinker

You don't have to put it at the beginning of your log. There is a tick box in cachestats that will record a ftf. Admittedly it's a manual thing, but if it doesn't pick up the wording in your log ....

I don't think GS will ever track FTFs as there would be too many disputes they would then have to deal with.

FTF is not always the first person to log online, it's who signs the paper log first. And GS have no way of determining that.

You would get people logging a FTF online then someone else claiming it was their FTF as they signed the log first, but the other person would say the log wasn't dated or timed and they were in league with the CO and signed it before the cache was placed, and the first person would deny it, and ..... (you see where this might cause problems B) )

Then there are the teams who go out (two couples perhaps) and claim a joint FTF on a cache. So the system would have to allow more than one account to claim a FTF.

It would all get horribly complicated and cause much angst.

And I haven't even mentioned the fact that many people don't recognise FTF as a significant part of the game and would undoubtedly object to GS trying to make it an official part of the game.

Best to leave that kettle of worms to lie in the bag, so to speak.

OKay thanks to all

Sorry for the can of worms .....

I use "MyGeocachingProfile.com". With that you setup any trigger you want. When your log has that trigger in it, it gets saved as a FTF. My trigger is "FTF, Yah". The problem with using FTF like someone was saying one of the other stats programs uses is that if you are stf you may well mention ftf in your log, talking about the other cacher. That would screw everything up.