cache coords and location on same gps screen?

SWAK9802

I have a Magellan 500LE and one of my dislikes on the unit is that I can't have the cache coordinates and my location on the same screen. I want to be able to see the coords I am looking for on the same screen as where I am currently standing so that I don't have to keep switching screens to help remember the numbers.

Is there a GPS unit out there that has that option? I haven't seen one yet, but I know the screenshots shown in the product descriptions don't show all the screen views.

Thanks

We use a Magellan Triton 400 and found that we could change what we wanted displayed on each screen through the settings menu. We wanted the distance and accuracy fields to be on the directional pointer screen and got it set up. Not sure aif you can do that on the Magellan you have. go to the scrren you want to have the coordinates on and press the center button for a menu, then select Customize fields. Im not sure if it is an option on the one you have, but I found the book that came with ours to not be of any help. Happy Caching!

Edited by zamsfamily

We use a Magellan Triton 400 and found that we could change what we wanted displayed on each screen through the settings menu. We wanted the distance and accuracy fields to be on the directional pointer screen and got it set up. Not sure aif you can do that on the Magellan you have. go to the scrren you want to have the coordinates on and press the center button for a menu, then select Customize fields. Im not sure if it is an option on the one you have, but I found the book that came with ours to not be of any help. Happy Caching!

I used the customize fields option on my Magellan and it doesn't have the ability to show both my location and the coords on the same screen. I tend to use my compass a lot more than I thought I would, and it works really well.

Ah well, it was just a feature I have on my wish list.

Thanks for your responses.