Garmin 62 Software version 2.80

bcblues

The last couple of times out with 2.70 I lost all my geocaches which I had loaded :mad: . No problems today with 2.80 loaded. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Thats funny so did I , But I put it down to including the pq's name in the downloaded gpx's , changed it back to just using the auto generated numeric version and it was fine ... I put it down to the garmin GPS not liking a character in the filename as basecamp would show them ok ...

I'm occasionally getting a different kind of lockup. If the "Can't find satellites" screen pops up during the GPX load, sometimes the buttons don't work and I can't clear the screen.

The unit is still kind of alive since I can plug and unplug in external power and the "Shutting down in 30 seconds" screen pops up. It doesn't count down however.

It looks like the unit is trying to do several task upon startup and they're stepping on each other's toes.

I'm occasionally getting a different kind of lockup. If the "Can't find satellites" screen pops up during the GPX load, sometimes the buttons don't work and I can't clear the screen.

The unit is still kind of alive since I can plug and unplug in external power and the "Shutting down in 30 seconds" screen pops up. It doesn't count down however.

i've seen the exact same thing on my oregon 450, as described in this thread. i believe it's unrelated to the "can't find satellites" screen appearing and is only a result of the GPX import failing.

i've seen the exact same thing on my oregon 450, as described in this thread. i believe it's unrelated to the "can't find satellites" screen appearing and is only a result of the GPX import failing.

I've seen that thread but I don't think the import is failing because of the contents of the GPX as it succeeds with the exact same data on the next export from GSAK.

I'll post my new theory on that thread.

This happened to me as well, but I THINK it was when I was running 2.70 (geez, I hope so - I hate to trade one glitch for another).

It looks like the unit is trying to do several task upon startup and they're stepping on each other's toes.

I wonder if any of the problems that I had with a 62s, have been solved in recent revisions, as I haven't replaced the one that I returned. With Fat Friday weekend coming up, I'm tempted to get a 62, or another 62s, since the 62 dosen't have an external ant connection.

Can one creep along at about one ft every 2 sec, and have the unit refresh and keep up as you move? I could sometimes get almost 50 ft before it realized that the unit had moved, and started to update the L/L.

Next problem was with showing the dots on the Map Page, when I would average a waypoint for 20 min with the Time set to one sec. I got a solid rectangle instead of a shotgun pattern.