POLL: Travel Bug Hotels...

MarcB

I voted that they're great, ON THE CONDITION that there is no trading rule (i.e. if you take a bug, you must leave a bug). Travel Bug caches with that rule ARE Prisons. I've got a Travel Bug Depot that's been doing very well helping bugs from all over get to where they need to go.

---------------------------------------

Missoula Organization Of Geocachers (MOOG)

MOOG; (mg) n. Unarguably, the coolest geocaching club acronym to date. ;^)

I like he bug hotels but no stinking rules like 1 for 1. they are problems that could arise from vandals but its all kind of a risk anyway, isn't it? I have one near an airport that bug use was a major factor in its placement. JMHO icon_biggrin.gif

Life is a relentless struggle with the odds stacked against you

I like he bug hotels but no stinking rules like 1 for 1. they are problems that could arise from vandals but its all kind of a risk anyway, isn't it? I have one near an airport that bug use was a major factor in its placement. JMHO icon_biggrin.gif

Life is a relentless struggle with the odds stacked against you

I have a travel bug exchange at the busiest airport in the world - Atlanta Hartsfield Airport. There is a trade rule for the cache because I live an hour and a half away from the airport and it would be really inconvenient to have to go back to fill up the cache with bugs every time it ran out.

Even though I use a trade rule, I don't want bugs to get stuck in the cache for too long. If a bug is there for more than 4 weeks, I temporarily suspend the trade rule and allow a cacher to take that bug without replacing it. This system works pretty well - bugs get in and out in good time and the cache has never gone empty.

quote:
Originally posted by mrplug:

I have a travel bug exchange ... There is a trade rule for the cache because I live an hour and a half away from the airport and it would be really inconvenient to have to go back to fill up the cache with bugs every time it ran out.

I know we've had this conversation in a related thread before, BUT... I still fail to understand why you think the bug exchange has to be FULL. My Bug Depot is currently bone dry, and I'm perfectly happy with that. So, it appears, is everyone who's ever visited it to pick up bugs, drop off bugs, exchange bugs, or just log a find.

I firmly believe that your reasoning for having that rule (so that it's always full of bugs), is completely flawed.

Missoula Organization Of Geocachers (MOOG)

MOOG; Unarguably, the coolest geocaching club acronym to date. ;^)