Captain Hook Mystery Coin

Tennessee Jed

On this dreary, cold, rainy, and foggy day in Maryland, I was ecstatically surprised to find a bubbler in my mailbox today. Team Moon Unit from Huntington, W.V. . . .what the heck is this? I couldn’t wait to get inside my house to see what was inside that envelope. WHAAAATTT? That Captain Hook coin! I was amazed. I thought I had read on the forums that this coin could only be had at an event, so how did I get this? Well, I don’t know how I got so lucky to receive this coin, but please know mystery coiner that I am very grateful to receive this beautiful and fanciful coin. Thank you for including me as one of the lucky recipients to receive this coin.

I loved the book by J.M. Barrie, I loved Disney’s Peter Pan, I loved Steven Spielberg’s, Hook, and I loved all of the Johnny Depp, Pirates of the Caribbean movies. And if that wasn’t enough, I used to work at Walt Disney World in Florida and I cannot tell you how many times I have been on the Peter Pan ride and the Pirates of the Caribbean ride (I had even been on this ride before they changed it to the Johnny Depp version). I’ve always loved pirate things, so it is with great pride that I accept this coin as one of the prize Geocoins in my collection. It reminds me that sometimes it is fun “not to grow up” and as we age, we should find a “little kid in us”. Thank you ever so much!!!

Oh a Captain coin how cool. I've been off the threads for awhile due to so many things that I would rather not have been dealing with and I'm trying to catch up on what's been going on. I am looking forward to seeing more pictures of this coin. Congratulations to those of you who were lucky enough to get one.

Looking in the mailbox Saturday morning for my daily dose of postcards and what did I spy?? A bubble mailer. Quick brain check... did I order any coins? .. oh heck! what will the husband say when he learns I've been spending money on coins again?... I don't THINK I ordered any coins. I quickly grabbed the bubble mailer and stuffed it in my purse. : ) Sitting in the back corner of a local restaurant, I tore open the package to find a Captain Hook Mystery Coin! Oh my goodness! What did I do to deserve this??? : ) I thank Captain Hook from the bottom of my heart for his coin. It came just in time to help me celebrate my 1000th find! I also have a band of pirate travelers who have been to the South Carolina Coast with me.. they will eventually have their own Geo Event and great send off. This coin just suits all of us to a tee. Thank you, thank you.. thank you.

PS.. I will post some sort of picture shortly.

Looking in the mailbox Saturday morning for my daily dose of postcards and what did I spy?? A bubble mailer. Quick brain check... did I order any coins? .. oh heck! what will the husband say when he learns I've been spending money on coins again?... I don't THINK I ordered any coins. I quickly grabbed the bubble mailer and stuffed it in my purse. : ) Sitting in the back corner of a local restaurant, I tore open the package to find a Captain Hook Mystery Coin! Oh my goodness! What did I do to deserve this??? : ) I thank Captain Hook from the bottom of my heart for his coin. It came just in time to help me celebrate my 1000th find! I also have a band of pirate travelers who have been to the South Carolina Coast with me.. they will eventually have their own Geo Event and great send off. This coin just suits all of us to a tee. Thank you, thank you.. thank you.

Congrats. On the coin and #1000. Hopefully the Captain will guide you on some awesome adventures in the next 1000.

I am still hoping the Captain will pay a visit to our house to help my boy get over his fear.

I'd love to see a pic of this coin. Can't wait! :lol:

I had a TERRIBLE night at work last night. It went long, I got yelled at for things having nothing to do with me, my son was asleep before I got home so I missed him. A bad night.

I realized on my way home, however, that I should have some coins waiting for me in the mail when I got there. Sure enough, there were three packages. Wait. Three? I was expecting two...

I skipped the two that I knew what they were, but I don't remember buying anything from that address. Or that state altogether! What in the world?

My bad night turned good again when I found my new Capt. Hook mystery coin inside. The irony is that just the day before, I had bid on this exact coin in the charity eBay auction. But that's a good thing. I won't win that coin now, but I can try to win another to help the cause. So mystery coiner, you've done two good things today, and thanks a lot for a great looking mystery coin!

df1059c7-1909-43fb-a1c5-cc277ad9fc58.jpg

Edited by Guns & Cockpits