Weird finds in caches

PeakFault

For a couple of years the cache on the Blorenge, "The first in Wales", had a shower head attachment in it.

Then a cacher decided to turn it into "The fabled Blorenge shower head" TB which is currently wandering around Germany.

MrsB

Ha that is amazing! Who puts a shower head in a cache for goodness sake?!!

Off the top of my head, one of the oddest was a girl's wig made of long dark 'hair'. What made it odder was that my younger son, who has short blond hair, took an instant liking to it. He insisted on trading for it, and even posed for a photo there and then. Of course (although perhaps to my relief!), he's ignored it ever since, so along with many other geocaching trades, it's littering some corner at home. Maybe I should recycle it into another cache and brighten someone else's day :D

photo link

cache link

Bless him! :anicute::)

I put about a fivers worth of swaps in one of my caches and when i checked it a few weeks later they had been swapped for a used straw and bottle top.

The container was too small for the bottle i think :)

Again, who does that!??

Plenty of people do. I have series of caches aimed at children and it is amazing what trash adults will leave and take out the kids toys. They are colour coded, so they think its OK to take out a red car and leave a red bottle top, or empty red sweet packet.

Some years ago I visited the first cache I ever set for some routine maintenance. In it I found a small plastic bag containing a cigarette, three cigarette papers, a match, a piece of matchbox 'strike' and a small lump of cannabis resin. There was also an entry in the logbook from a muggle who'd found the box saying that we were a load of 'saddos' and that he'd left a little something to enrich our lives.

The bag was removed and disposed of in an approved manner :):anicute:

How thoughtful!! :)

Some kind muggle left some wet fish in my cache near Windermere lake. I froze the box before removing the fish. Then same cache had Hula Hoop wrappers in soon after. Now moved cache. The fish were small, and should have been thrown back.

I am always amazed at the geotat in many caches.

Also removed a packet of Custard Creams from Swallows and Amazons, when I took over ownership.

But the best for me has to be the mouse's nest made from the log book of Swallows and Amazons

Aah

A tin of pineapple chunks. Left by a muggle who had found the cache and had decided to join in the game!

I too found a tin of pineapple in a cache - it was only doable by boat and by the time we had canoed to it we were gratefull for the idea but no can opener lol

The worst thing I have found was a tampon :o

I found a bottle of Becks Beer in a cache in North Wales a couple of years ago; was only put there that morning. Was tempted to drink it there and then, as it was a quite a hike up a steep mountainside, but decided to bag it and I enjoyed it when I got home!

I did leave some meteorite stardust in one of my caches.

A tin of pineapple chunks. Left by a muggle who had found the cache and had decided to join in the game!

I too found a tin of pineapple in a cache - it was only doable by boat and by the time we had canoed to it we were gratefull for the idea but no can opener lol

Then I'm guessing it was the same cache - Treasure Island? Looks like that tin was there for over a year then as I found the cache the summer before you did lol :lol: :lol: