The new Motorola ' Defy' android phone

QVGA screen though - so don't expect to be able to add the Groundspeak geocaching app to it any time soon.....

Why ? this just relates to the screen does it not ? I admit I an very much a newbie to Android phones. It would be a real shame if I cannot use the Geocache option as the phone spec is great [waterproof and shock proof] at a much lower price than the ridiculously high price of the i phone.

Any further information would be appreciated thanks :laughing::rolleyes:;)

QVGA screen though - so don't expect to be able to add the Groundspeak geocaching app to it any time soon.....

Why ? this just relates to the screen does it not ? I admit I an very much a newbie to Android phones. It would be a real shame if I cannot use the Geocache option as the phone spec is great [waterproof and shock proof] at a much lower price than the ridiculously high price of the i phone.

Any further information would be appreciated thanks :laughing::rolleyes:;)

I agree with you.

I've got an HTC Tattoo. Great little phone, great GPS, runs 3rd party apps fine - and if you root the OS, will also run the Groundspeak app.

But the way Google's Android market works is..... it will only list - and allow you to download - apps that the developers have said will run with your phone's specs. So although the Groundspeak app will work perfectly well on phones with a qvga screen, the developers in their wisdom either didn't beta test it with a qvga equipped handset - or are still working on it being even better than at present with a qvga screen.

Unfortunately - although we've been asking since the app came out - they are unable or unwilling to let us know which scenario is the reason we're still unable to buy and use it.

Any further information would be appreciated thanks ;):D:P

I agree with you.

I've got an HTC Tattoo. Great little phone, great GPS, runs 3rd party apps fine - and if you root the OS, will also run the Groundspeak app.

But the way Google's Android market works is..... it will only list - and allow you to download - apps that the developers have said will run with your phone's specs. So although the Groundspeak app will work perfectly well on phones with a qvga screen, the developers in their wisdom either didn't beta test it with a qvga equipped handset - or are still working on it being even better than at present with a qvga screen.

Unfortunately - although we've been asking since the app came out - they are unable or unwilling to let us know which scenario is the reason we're still unable to buy and use it.

Well, on Sunday my phone went into the washing machine resulting in a restricted caching day whilst I went shopping for a new phone.

Ended up signing up for a free Motorola 'Defy' phone.

Compared with my previous , this phone is incredible !

Shockproof and weather proof -[ 1m water depth] this is ideal for caching and for my outdoor activities and work [i'm a gardener]

Today I down loaded the android Geospeak package and all seems to be working fine !

Not compared locating performance with my Garmin as it was out of battery but all functions seem to work really well.

Looks like the developers have sorted things out. :mad::P:D

Edited by Cache U Nutter

Well, on Sunday my phone went into the washing machine resulting in a restricted caching day whilst I went shopping for a new phone.

Ended up signing up for a free Motorola 'Defy' phone.

Compared with my previous , this phone is incredible !

Shockproof and weather proof -[ 1m water depth] this is ideal for caching and for my outdoor activities and work [i'm a gardener]

Today I down loaded the android Geospeak package and all seems to be working fine !

Not compared locating performance with my Garmin as it was out of battery but all functions seem to work really well.

Looks like the developers have sorted things out. :D:D:)

Found my first cache using the Motorola Defy phone. It was raining heavily [glad the phone is water resistant down to 1m]

Not sure about the Radar target [how exactly is this supposed to work ? is this a phone function or downloaded Groundspeak function ?

Bothe the Motorola and my Garmin Vista CX were equally inaccurate by about 30ft !

Passed the first test !

:):D:D