Can you help?

Poking about the Internet I came across this forum talking about a hide not so far from home. I had a cache in about the spot discussed, but that was removed on my behalf by another cacher and wasn't hidden in a tree.

Bekandian also had one in the area but the clue doesn't match the area and I think it was further down the hill, within sight of this site.

There's nothing obvious in the area which makes me suspect the hide was found missing and the cache archived - anyone remember anything fitting the location and description? Sadly I don't.

Why not just look at the photo that was in the forum, which leads to this one...

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...y&decrypt=#

(Which, in the logs around April 2009 mentions the cutting down of the tree)

Simon

I'd discounted that one, as unless the poster on the other forum is out by around half a mile, which considering the person has linked to Google Satellite, so has a very good idea where the container was. Is not the cache in question.

Someone else whose a geocacher posted that picture to that forum. Not the person who posted they'd moved the cache.

Deci

Go on Paul - you know you want to go have a look?
I might have to. There's a couple of good clues in the description of the area: "...suposed to be inside a hollow tree at the bottom of brush hill NR, on the ridgeway , nr Princes Risborough, Bucks... ...it was inside a hollow tree on the north side of the path next to a redundant stile - however we cut the tree down and took the stile out - so as i say its now under a log about 8 or so feet to the north (or at least thats where we put it)" - The co-ords given aren't really at the bottom of the nature reserve; they're in it. If the stile in question is the one at the bottom of the hill -where my 'Beyond Brush Hill' cache was hidden- that's not too far from the given co-ords and it should be easy enough to locate. I'd not bother except for the mention of geocoins left in it :laughing:

The live cache Ali links to is still being found so I doubt that's it. I'm also pretty sure it's not Whiteleaf Cross as that's a long way off. Perhaps it is another type of cache (navi etc) so I'd check the logbook to see if it's still being found if I'm able to spot it myself.