Kansas City trackables dissapearing!

dannyt190

I cannot count the number of caches I've been to lately that have trackables listed but none are there. I really took note recently because we were traveling to Florida and I wanted to take a few down there with me. I couldn't find any, even where listed. Is there a TB thief? What's going on? Any ideas anyone?

It just seems like more than one or two - here or there. That has always been the case, but recently it seems rampant like there is someone out there actually taking them for their own collection.

Maybe it's just me, I thought I would get a lot more responses from folks in the KC area that had noticed the same thing. I guess I'll just keep looking.

I think I'll start listing them here as I find more missing. GC1EMQB has two listed none were there. A couple of others I've been to just this month that have trackables listed with none inside...GC1BTQ8 and GC1EC8K.

The first cache had two go missing in May. The other two cache have the accumulation of missing TBs.

GC1EMQB

I see a log by a two day cacher who also picked up a bug from another cache in June and hasn't dropped it yet. I'm not saying they have the bugs but it is a typical reason that bugs go missing. New, inexperienced, lose interest.

GC1BTQ8 One from 2008, a couple from 2009. The one dropped on 10/24 was mentioned as picked up by a new cacher but not yet logged.

GC1EC8K. There's a log of who picked it up.

Edited for clarification.

Edited by BlueDeuce