geocaching dogs

zsdeng15014

I read this as "...can do cache and dishes" and thought, wow, my dog's not very old and she can't even do the dishes!!

(Beautiful dog BTW.)

LOL. No, he doesn't do the dishes. He can't get up on the sink unit any more.

That picture, together with the lump on his chest makes him look quite porky but he wasn't, he was quite a fit lad. Sadly now he's lost quite a bit of weight. But he eats ok and manages his twice daily wander round the local churchyard which is about at his limit of walking.

Zeus dog on Bodmin Moor.

At 17 years old, he's had to retire from caching that involves walking more than a couple of hundred yards as his legs don't work properly anymore.

He still comes out on the drives and can do cache and dashes.

This photo was taken earlier this year and was one of the last long walks he was able to manage.

339kiz7.jpg

Lovely picture and a beautiful dog.

We lost our dog over the summer, but in the last few months he couldnt walk very far, but seemed to miss caching and used to go to the cache sack and sniff it, so over those last weeks we set a series called incachecipitated that were very short walks or drive bys, but hard finds or difffernet finds so he could still be involved. I miss him!

e9a8fadd-6672-414f-a3f3-b88f393cb2c5.jpg

Here's a couple of pictures of our dog Inga. We got her from the Humane Society in March of 2010. She was about 10 months old when we got her, but that is about all the information we have on her. We don't know if she's a purebred or a mix or a mutt. But she's a great dog and has accompanied me on hundreds of finds. I guess I've kind of mentioned her in a lot of my logs because people have mentioned HER in their logs for my hides even though they've not met her...yet.

As you can see, she loves her some ammo cans!

d9cc7f52-b78b-4bd8-a6f7-b3ecfa0458ff.jpg

03d81a19-41ca-47e9-99a5-a477e96b4edb.jpg

Edited by Team Dennis

I had to put my Caching Buddy "Razz" down 3 weeks ago, this is her, she lived to a good old age of 16

8f622004-1690-4208-a563-fb737e88b8b7.jpg

I now have a new caching Buddy, although he's only 4 months old, he should be on the trails as soon as his 3 set of puppy shots are done, 2 weeks and counting

Meet THUNDER

70b8eb8a-597f-4773-bf6c-d86de4e0fd5d.jpg

Edited by coman123

I had to put my Caching Buddy "Razz" down 3 weeks ago, this is her, she lived to a good old age of 16

I now have a new caching Buddy, although he's only 4 months old, he should be on the trails as soon as his 3 set of puppy shots are done, 2 weeks and counting

Meet THUNDER

How did you get over your loss so quickly?

Daisy Duke is my Golden caching companion. Same experience as edscott - she will often locate the cache, especially if it's been recently found... but if I'm not paying attention she'll quickly move on to other things. fb394a84-979f-46d8-9ba4-83b37783d0bf.jpg

ee851a19-3bef-43e5-bf6b-40eaf25cddbc.jpg

Lots more fun to cache with a canine!

(edited to fix pic)

Edited by jicknarson

I think I have figured out how to upload pictures now.

Here is Cozmo. Any puddle, river, pond, lake or drainage ditch is quickly found, but not a single cache.

IMG00164.jpg

Now I know where my GPS batteries went.

2010-10-24_17-59-43_647.jpg

He love chasing squirrels and rabbits. Squirrels are no problem they just go up the nearest tree. He has gone full bore after a rabbit into a brier patch and came out one sore puppy. He is a little more careful now.

Edited by PLMerry

Here's a couple of pictures of our dog Inga. We got her from the Humane Society in March of 2010. She was about 10 months old when we got her, but that is about all the information we have on her. We don't know if she's a purebred or a mix or a mutt. But she's a great dog and has accompanied me on hundreds of finds. I guess I've kind of mentioned her in a lot of my logs because people have mentioned HER in their logs for my hides even though they've not met her...yet.

Cozmo, pictured above is also from the Humane Society October 2008. We adopted him here in Delaware OH, but he had a Nevada rabbis tag. Other than that we also do not know anything. A lot of people say they see some Great Dane in him, but I call him our pure bred mutt.

Edited by PLMerry

Cozmo, pictured above is also from the Humane Society October 2008. We adopted him here in Delaware OH, but he had a Nevada rabbis tag. Other than that we also do not know anything. A lot of people say they see some Great Dane in him, but I call him our pure bred mutt.

Everyone we meet says she looks to be about 99% American Black Lab (based on looks, personality and habits) but every once in a while there is a glimmer of something that we just can't put our finger on. Pointer? Greyhound? Great Dane???

The only thing that we wonder is why someone would put her up for adoption at the Humane Society. She has been almost perfect since the day we picked her up. In 8 months she's only had 3 accidents in the house (2 of those we blame ourselves for her having), she doesn't bark, she is great around kids & cats and she will retrieve a ball until your arm hurts from throwing it. My wife has been taking her to obedience classes and she's picking that up with ease. Now if I could just teach her to find Bison Tubes in pine trees...

Meet THUNDER

How did you get over your loss so quickly?

Thunder is helping us, fill the void.

We had 16 wonderful years with Razz, but when she could no longer walk with out pain, we made the decision to let her rest in peace.

We were very sad at first, but did not want her to suffer.

It was the first time in 22 years there was not a dog in the house.

We still miss Razz very much, and the new pup makes recovery a lot easier.

Joey is the newest member of our team. He is an eight month old goldadore. He is also a guide dog puppy for Southeast Guide Dogs. We will be caching with him for about a year, then we return him to the school for his final training.

I would love to add a picture, but I haven't been able to figure out how to attach it. Can anyone help?

Edited by Eagle and the nuts

Joey is the newest member of our team. He is an eight month old goldadore. He is also a guide dog puppy for Southeast Guide Dogs. We will be caching with him for about a year, then we return him to the school for his final training.

I would love to add a picture, but I haven't been able to figure out how to attach it. Can anyone help?

If the picture is in your gallery, you can copy and paste the picture's web address into the body of your post using the "insert image" icon.

Thunder is helping us, fill the void.

We had 16 wonderful years with Razz, but when she could no longer walk with out pain, we made the decision to let her rest in peace.

We were very sad at first, but did not want her to suffer.

It was the first time in 22 years there was not a dog in the house.

We still miss Razz very much, and the new pup makes recovery a lot easier.

You have our sympathies. I don't think that day is far off for us, with our Zeus dog, but I am absolutely dreading it.

My caching friend is The Count Spikerton von Sweinigus of fame and legend. He is an avid geocacher in spite of his diplomatic duties. He is a proud recipient of The Golden Fire Plug Award and has amassed more than 1500 caches. His main caching buddies are OnD’Hunt, “The Bearclaws”, Cheech Gang, Mighty Mo, KCBoom, Coty-02, The Vicar of Vernon and Barnacle Bear. He has been present at many a geocaching milestone in North West Ohio and South East Michigan. While he is a chick magnet, more often he is a burr magnet. Some claim to have seen him levitate over difficult terrain but I have not. He has a hardy laugh especially when caching alone with Barnacle Bear. He easily finds caches but has the most despicable habit of saying nothing and then erupting into spasms of laughter as people search. He is a great friend in spite of his eccentricities and has never lost a cachmobile. You can check out some of the caches that mention him, GC12RBX, GCZQ3M, GDZNV4, GCT5PH, GCQJTH and GCPGE1.

I am sorry that I do not know how to upload his picture or direct you to them.

My cachehound is a 4-year-old husky/red heeler mix. She doesn't understand that I can't go under the same fallen branches she does, so we often tangle the leash. She doesn't go with me every time I go out for that reason...she slows me down a lot. :-) She was adopted 12/08, is stubborn and untrainable, but a good, good dog at heart. We saw lots of chippies last weekend, so she loved being out. I didn't love picking deer ticks off her after we were home, though!

Maggie, the cachehound

687944ce-f89d-4161-a6bf-7ef5a5965c73.jpg

Edited by madmomma72

My Labradoodle Riley, loves caching. We never gave him a chance to go on walks then I started caching and created a monster, can't get out of the house with out him. He has my pre caching prep all figured out and quickly takes his spot by the door. I love having him with me and hate the sullking when he doesn't go.

His favorite thing is seeing deer.

<------Picture to the left

Edited by scrapes

I love seeing everyone's dogs! This is Mina; she's been caching once and is ready to go again any time! She doesn't do much by way of helping, but she does act as camouflage. If anyone ever makes a cache shaped like a tennis ball, however, she will undoubtedly be FTF.

2573636445_da5c2d1588.jpg

tumblr_lbstt32iAs1qb1vlno1_500.jpg

(oh bad dog)

39584_108233459239680_100001590786393_62813_4886893_n.jpg

This is our caching companion, Siraven, our 5 year old chihuahua. We have since dubbed her "Geodog". She loves getting out, especially long walks in the mountains. I try to make sure I keep her needs in mind while we're caching. I keep some sort of small water container for her to drink out of, like this mini thermos.