I got a Souvenir

dickholmes

So just today I got a Souvenir. I live in California and the Souvenir is for Deleware State. I dont really get it and on top of that when I click on the icon I get this message: You have entered an incorrect value in the querystring. So I cant even learn anything about it. Any information on this would be helpful and what am I supposed to do with it?

So just today I got a Souvenir. I live in California and the Souvenir is for Deleware State. I dont really get it and on top of that when I click on the icon I get this message: You have entered an incorrect value in the querystring. So I cant even learn anything about it. Any information on this would be helpful and what am I supposed to do with it?

I'm assuming that you've never actually been to Delaware. It certainly sounds like there is a problem was the souvenir award mechanism. I just checked my profile and I still only have the 10/10/10 souvenir but I'm curious if other California cachers got a Delaware souvenir.

I'm assuming that you've never actually been to Delaware. It certainly sounds like there is a problem was the souvenir award mechanism. I just checked my profile and I still only have the 10/10/10 souvenir but I'm curious if other California cachers got a Delaware souvenir.

No. In fact I have always been curious if Delaware actually exists. Maybe it has to do with Platinum membership.

Edited by mulvaney

I just got the same one about a half hour ago ... and I live in WV. :):)

I also get the error when trying to view it. I suspect it will be taken away shortly. :D Unless it's for finding a cache in DE, which I have.

I found that I can actually see the artwork for the Delaware State and the Baden-Wurttemburg souvenirs if I click on the images in the saved section on the geocaching app on my iPhone. If I try from my profile (now both are showing up) I get the error message. I can still see the artwork for the 10/10/10 souvenir from profile though.

maybe its about Town of Delaware, Ontario :(

Nope. The souvenir definitely says Delaware State. I'd post an image of it but I don't know if it would get me into trouble with the lackeys.

i know what it looks like, i got it too when i logged my found for today...now its gone from my profile :)

Isn't Delaware in India? :D

it is if India moved to US :)

Edited by t4e

The awarding of the Delaware and Baden-Wüttemburg souvenirs was the result of a bug that has been corrected. Thanks for bringing it to our attention!

I just now got the Delaware and the Baden-Wurttemburg ones while performing a search on my iphone. Are you sure the bug has been corrected?

The awarding of the Delaware and Baden-Wüttemburg souvenirs was the result of a bug that has been corrected. Thanks for bringing it to our attention!

So those of us that got souvenirs and then lost them are just SOL????

Gee thanks. :)

I just looked at the profile of someone that actually found a cache in Delaware yesterday and the souvenir isn't showing up in their profile.

I just got the California Souvenir today, too. Since I'm always wary of spam and phishing emails, I didn't go to the link that was in the email. I went to geocaching.com, logged on, clicked on "Your Profile" (upper right corner), clicked on "Souvenirs" (near top of window), then clicked on the California State icon and was able to view it. Pretty neat! Hopefully that will work for others.

Edited by hummingbird69

I just got the California Souvenir today, too. Since I'm always wary of spam and phishing emails, I didn't go to the link that was in the email. I went to geocaching.com, logged on, clicked on "Your Profile" (upper right corner), clicked on "Souvenirs" (near top of window), then clicked on the California State icon and was able to view it. Pretty neat! Hopefully that will work for others.

Groundspeak released 10 souvenirs yesterday. Typically they've only released three at a time. US states up to Minnesota (the 32nd state to enter the union) have been released. Just 18 more to go, 19 if they do one for Washinton DC. The also released the last of the German states so I suspect we might start seeing more "country" states or the Canadian provinces soon.

I got an email Jan 6 saying I got Iowa souvenir retroactively. I have found some in Iowa so I thought that was OK. When I go to My Profile Iowa isn't there. It has been 5 days since I got the email. Why isn't it showing?

Yes dittocat, I think of them as avatars to use by your geo ID.

I got an email Jan 6 saying I got Iowa souvenir retroactively. I have found some in Iowa so I thought that was OK. When I go to My Profile Iowa isn't there. It has been 5 days since I got the email. Why isn't it showing?

Yes dittocat, I think of them as avatars to use by your geo ID.

An issue was filed in the Groundspeak internal issue tracking system to look into why so many didn't received the Iowa souvenir. There were also at least a few people that retroactively found caches in Florida but didn't receive the souvenir. The Groundspeak programmers are looking into it.

Here's the official page on souvenirs: http://www.geocaching.com/about/souvenirs.aspx

They were once explained by someone at Groundspeak that geocaching souvenirs are somewhat like those little patches you could buy, then put on a backpack that you carried from place to place. As you visit new places like Yosemite, Grand Canyon, or Niagara Falls you could go into a souvenir shop, buy a patch and sew it onto a backpack and collect them as reminders of all the places you've visited. For those that never had a backpack like that, think refrigerator magnets. In the case of the geocaching souvenirs they're just virtual images that go into the souvenirs tab your profile or, for those using the official mobile geocaching app, in a "saved" area in that application.