Garmin 2360 LMT road and 3-axis compass off-road

Alan2

Anyone familiar with this one? It has a 3-axis compass that seems like it could be used off road as well. Can GSAK load the paperless on this one too? Can you also load the topo maps from that independent site? (forgot the name).

I had a 765T but it was stolen. I liked the 765T becuase I could load paperless caching using GSAK macro and then route to the cache. But it didn't have the 3-axis compass like this new model the 2360 which would be helpful off road. If it works. Does it do all these things.

Tks. Alan2.

The compass won't help for cache hunting. They have just added it to allow the unit to sense position for auto-switching to portrait mode.

It should work with the GSAK Nuvi macro.

What a waste. Why would they put an expensive 3-axis electronic compass just for that when you can also use it on trail with programming? Seems strange. I emailed Garmin and asked them to explain. Thanks for the tip. I won't buy it if that was the only thing it does.

Here's the response I got from Garmin. It does have a magnetic compass. Problem is I'd like to get a GPS sooner. Can anyone make any recommendations?

Tks. Alan2.

Thank you for contacting Garmin International. The 3 axis compass allows it to tell you which way you are going in 360 degrees, up down, left and right.

The product is set to be released before the end of the year, but it is not set in stone. We are hoping for an early December release date.