The Winged Disc

manu luq

In this geocoin, my first design, has been a bit difficult to have to decide only between 24 colors (transparent), because the color no looked good on the screen. I did not know how they could be in reality.

Color schemes have not been exactly as I wanted.

I did not like some reflections that have produced the transparent color in men eagle, and between the letters of the phrase that is beneath the winged disk.

Finally, after taking the samples in my hands, turn and watch them from different angles, I decided to make normal colors (not transparent but same tones) only in the central area of the front, versions AS, AC and AG.

In MG and SG versions, the samples have been perfect.

Now, I'm sure that all five will be perfect, I'll check when in my hands :blink:

I hope to have new samples in early January, I will put the photos.

I'll have all the minting versions in early February :)

Then I will send emails to those who made reservations.

By the moment, I only can put the draft of the definitive AS version (men eagle and the words are not golden!, they will be AS also).

ASfinalversion.jpg

Those who have reserved one of each version available I suppose you also interested in the AS version, so only two coins are available right now in this version.

So I extend the reservation three days, until next Monday at 21:00 GMT.

Also there are some of the SG version.

Edited by manu luq

Seeing the 2nd samples, solid colors in frontside (I'll not put photos), I decided to make the minting over the first samples (transparent colors), which have been reserved.

The enamel color reflexion between the eagle men and between the words (minimal spaces), which only can see it on depending of light incidence angles, is less significative than the enamel transparente quality, in my opinion.

Finaly, the antique silver version is not for sale, I think this one will be for trade only.

For those who like know numbers:

matte gold SE 25

antique gold SE 25

antique silver XLE 15

antique copper AE 25

The shiny gold is the RE version for the OakCoins/Geoswag Club this month.

Late January I'll send emails to those who made reservations.

See you later :)

I received my "Winged Disc" aka "First Civilizations" coin from the club yesterday. Although my favorite coins are those that are all about geocaching, this one is very beautifully done. I like the color scheme, the detail and the mix of enamels on the back...perfect! :)

Congrats on a beautiful first coin. I'll be watching for more from you!

The shiny gold is the RE version for the OakCoins/Geoswag Club this month.

Are the club coins and the other editions going to be 'different' coins as far as Geocaching.com is concerned? Different names/Icons?

Same name/icon, as I said in post #28

Oops. :) I was afraid I might have missed it. Thank you for the reminder.

There was a small mistake with the names and icons :blink:

Already fixed.

Two names:

- GC&P Club January 2011 - The Winged Disc Geocoin

- The Winged Disc Geocoin (my versions)

Each name with his own icon, similars but different colors.

In the case of the twelve coins activated before February 1, the name will continue appearing as "First Civilizations", unless the owner would like change the name manualy by editing the data, I think.

By the way, mid February I'll begin to send paypal request to those who made

reservations, I hope so... :D

Also..., I have two coins of each version yet (except XLE), so can contact me manu_luq@hotmail.com, to add you to reservation list.

There was a small mistake with the names and icons :blink:

Already fixed.

Two names:

- GC&P Club January 2011 - The Winged Disc Geocoin

- The Winged Disc Geocoin (my versions)

Each name with his own icon, similars but different colors.

In the case of the twelve coins activated before February 1, the name will continue appearing as "First Civilizations", unless the owner would like change the name manualy by editing the data, I think.

By the way, mid February I'll begin to send paypal request to those who made

reservations, I hope so... :D

Also..., I have two coins of each version yet (except XLE), so can contact me manu_luq@hotmail.com, to add you to reservation list.

Thanks for the update! I'll update my listing for the GC&PC version this evening, and add a separate listing for your versions. :)

The Winged Disc is finally ready to fly to their new owners :grin:

TheWingedDisc.jpg

I hope to send the invoice via PayPal in early next week.

I don't earn a penny (VAT + customs tariff is high), but that's OK, keep the initial price of $9.00 per geocoin ;)

Shipping costs will only include the price of Post, which is based on weight. The bubble envelope is a gift :)

The economic dispatch is an international standard letter.

If someone prefers certified mail, let me know before Sunday or Monday, but it's expensive.

See you later!

Hi you all!

It seems that has not yet been activated in Geocaching the name and icon for my first geocoin.

Neither I nor Emma/Oakcoins we know the reason for this delay.

Last thursday, I've activated one of my coins, and get the name "GC&P Club January 2011 - The Winged Disc Geocoin" and its icon, instead its own name "The Winged Disc Geocoin", and its own icon (another color than GC&P).

I Hope will be resolved soon.

Meanwhile, do not activate your coins, please.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Greetings,

Manuel

I Hope will be resolved soon.

Meanwhile, do not activate your coins, please.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Greetings,

Manuel

Issue solved by Emma and Groundspeak, ...Thanks!

We all can activate ours Winged Disc coins :)

Edit silly typo

Edited by manu luq