so many different travel bugs

bloodwood70

I spend a fair amount of time reading the forums

and I have been logging more benchmarks than I have been able to cache but I was looking into to buying a couple TB's the ones that look like dog tags but it seams that there are so many different types of them in astoria oregon there is a blow up pink flamingo tb in a cache

well I guess I am wondering how does one designate a TB as a TB?

Does it have to be the ones purchased from geocaching?

LISTEN!!!!!

Do you smell somthing?

A traveler is an item that moves from cache to cache. A Travel Bug (TB) is an item tracked here (at gc.com) with a special serial number. To get a serial number you have to buy a set of dogtags from Groundspeak(operators of gc.com), this is currently the only way to get a number. Usually(but not always) one of the tags is just attached to whatever item the traveler is(some people use a number for other things, like themselves in some cases).

If your asking is a TB the tag or the item?? I personally think its the item, but some disagree.

There are also other travelers NOT tracked at gc.com, these are usaually referred to as HitchHikers (HH), and is where the TB idea came from. But to track a HH you have to either find another website to do it, or create your own website to do so. Some HH are just 'tracked' by sending the creator an email a message saying when/where it was sighted, and there is no website involved.

Hope that explains it, if I missed the point let me know and Ill try again.

waypoint_link.gif22008_1700.gif37_gp_logo88x31.jpg