www.Wherigo.com ERROR

[JH]

Hi, I have problem with web www.Wherigo.com

I cannot get to Home - so I cannot upload my cartridge, because if I click on "Home" link, I got this Error:

An Error Has Occurred

Your request has resulted in an error. Please return to this site's home page to continue.

Copyright © 2000-2010 Groundspeak Inc. All Rights Reserved.

I am afraid it is not just temporally error, because it lasts 3 days... and still the same Error message.

I tried to change Webbrowser (Mozzila Firefox, IE, Opera) - still the same Error.

Anybody knows what to do ?

I can't reproduce this, even when logged off.

I'll need some specifics as to your problem:

• Were you logged into the site through those browsers? (Especially by clicking the check box "remember me".)
  • Did you try dumping cookies?
  • Do you see an error on all pages, or just the home page?
  • Is this only when you're logged into the site?

I have a problem with it also. When i try upload cartrige over "Upload a Cartridge GWZ File" or when i try to compile over "Compile a Cartridge GWZ File" page, become error:

An Error Has Occurred

Your request has resulted in an error. Please return to this site's home page to continue.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

without any other details. But, when i try to use "Cartrige copile service" (CartridgeCompile.asmx), then i become return that seems to be ok. I have then not inspect returned byte array. Array length indicates that the result is flawless.

I have user Urwigo builder Version 1.2.3718.30064.

I can't reproduce this, even when logged off.

I'll need some specifics as to your problem:

• Were you logged into the site through those browsers? (Especially by clicking the check box "remember me".)
  • Did you try dumping cookies?
  • Do you see an error on all pages, or just the home page?
  • Is this only when you're logged into the site?

Hi, Every browser shows the same Error message.

Deleted cookies, deleted histori, delete offline files (IE), reloading page, logging out/in ... still the same Error.

That Error is just in My Home directory at Wherigo.com

My Home | Build | Play | Cartridges | Discuss | Contact

every link works, just "My Home" shows Error.

I think it is because my last cartridge. Few days ago, I uploaded my testing cartridge on Wherigo.com

After testing it, I wanted to delete it (remove from Wherigo.com). But I could not find any "delete cartridge" button, so I edit my cartridge description and set All fields as blank (No description, No Author, and so on).

Then I edit:

Show cartridge on Wherigo.com as FALSE

Activation as FALSE too. (I am not sure about the certain names of this options but I unchecked all checkboxes to set my testing cartridge not be seen for all other users)

After that, I cannot get to My Home directory, so I am not able to use:

Edit your account | View your profile | View your logs | Upload a Cartridge

But, If I log in as different user (E.g. my friend's login), I can see all pages (no Errors).

If I copy link to update cartridge ( http://www.Wherigo.com/cartridge/upload.aspx ) I can use that link when I log in as [JH], but still when click on "My Home" the site shows me the same Error message.

All links works, but http://www.Wherigo.com/home.aspx shows Error message - Why ??

Can anybody help me ? Is there any contact to Wherigo.com admins ??

Edit:

JUST NEED IF ANYBODY COULD DELETE MY 2or3 days old CARTRIDGE from Wherigo.com, I am sure that is the problem which causes Errors !! Maybe the PHP/ASPX script cannot read from "blank" fields in DB (blank author's name, blank cartridge description, etc....] This causes the Error message I think....

I cannot edit it because I cannot get into My Home directory !!!

Edited by [JH]

I wrote up and submitted four problems to Groundspeak yesterday. I got a response back after 5PM, saying they were added to the bug tracking system. I highly doubt the offline compiling problem I've seen is related to the website problem, but we both agreed to sit on that and see what happens to the other three.

The problems I submitted are as follows:

• "Error loading HTML filter" on the cartridge listing page
  • Cannot upload cartridges to Wherigo.com
  • The compiling problem cited in this thread
  • The site's error page doesn't show the sites' logos

I want to start on your problem next, [JH]. I love how you were specific and included steps to reproduce it--that really helps my task! As for a sysadmin, Groundspeak doesn't have a specific developer assigned to Wherigo. As I see it, community members have two options: 1) use the contact@ address to submit a problem or 2) post in the forum, where I'll pick up on it, write a test case, and send a direct email.

By the way, there is not an option to delete or otherwise archive Wherigo cartridges. All that's needed, though, is to clear the checkbox that says to show the cartridge in the directory.

Moderator note:

I have pinned this topic for easy reference until it is resolved.

• Cannot upload cartridges to Wherigo.com

Hello, rather not to concern just with "Cannot upload cartridges to Wherigo.com", because this is just accessory problem (I think) - The main problem is: Cannot load My Home page - it shows Errors.

So I am not sure if I can or cannot upload cartridges (Maybe I can).

I can use this direct link (shows no errors):

http://www.Wherigo.com/cartridge/upload.aspx

to upload my cartridge , but after clicking on "Upload Button", the Error appears.

I Think that The Error appears because the browser redirects me to http://www.Wherigo.com/home.aspx and only this site causes Error message.

As I saied:

All links works, but http://www.Wherigo.com/home.aspx shows Error message

Maybe the new cartridge I tried to upload was succesfully uploaded, but I dont know it surely, because All cartridges, You have and You can manage(edit), are in http://www.Wherigo.com/home.aspx site.

So this must be the main problem - http://www.Wherigo.com/home.aspx - the PHP/ASPX script. It cannot load description data from my uploaded Cartridges from e.g. MySQL database and this gives me the Error message.

It seems that this my problem:

I have a problem with it also. When i try upload cartrige over "Upload a Cartridge GWZ File" or when i try to compile over "Compile a Cartridge GWZ File" page, become error:

An Error Has Occurred

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

without any other details. But, when i try to use "Cartrige copile service" (CartridgeCompile.asmx), then i become return that seems to be ok. I have then not inspect returned byte array. Array length indicates that the result is flawless.

I have user Urwigo builder Version 1.2.3718.30064.

was resolved. :)

Thank You for this time!

I wrote up and submitted four problems to Groundspeak yesterday. I got a response back after 5PM, saying they were added to the bug tracking system. I highly doubt the offline compiling problem I've seen is related to the website problem, but we both agreed to sit on that and see what happens to the other three.

[*]Cannot upload cartridges to Wherigo.com

Contacted Groudspeak personally and was referred to this forum by them. So, once again I'll add my note. Problem is still NOT fixed.

My extra two cents - rather than referring someone to the thread about the problem why not acknowledge the problem exists and get to fixing it?

Edited by kvhollis

I'm laughing about that, Khan. A circular reference indeed!

Yeah, one of the Lackeys contacted me about the "My Home" bug. She was able to reproduce it, so that's a good sign (this was yesterday around 8PM GMT). I copied to her the email about all the other bugs, then made sure to send that bug, with a link to post #4, to my other contact at Groundspeak. I always ask to be notified when they fix something. At the moment, though, I haven't received any notifications. By the way, I'm intentionally omitting names because I doubt several dozen direct emails to the person's Groundspeak account won't expedite the process. (Then again, I wonder...)

In the end, I'm just the messenger. No matter how good I am at reporting issues and staying on top of them, I can't do anything about the timeliness and quality of the fixes.

So, anyway, that's what has been happening. I'll ask for their progress some time next week if I don't hear anything.

I'm laughing about that, Khan. A circular reference indeed!

It is pretty funny. Frustrating. But funny.

By the way, I'm intentionally omitting names because I doubt several dozen direct emails to the person's Groundspeak account won't expedite the process. (Then again, I wonder...)

Perhaps we should compare notes on contacts.

In the end, I'm just the messenger. No matter how good I am at reporting issues and staying on top of them, I can't do anything about the timeliness and quality of the fixes.

So, anyway, that's what has been happening. I'll ask for their progress some time next week if I don't hear anything.

I understand the messenger.... so I won't shoot you. :laughing: LOL.

I do hope, however, this will get some attention sooner than later.

Edited by kvhollis

FWIW: I added a new cartridge a couple of days ago, and had a similar http error as mentioned up front.

The problem for me was the description had HTML codes. I ripped it all out and changed it to straight text, and was able to post the new listing.

but how to rip it out ? I cannot get into My Home, so I cannot edit my last uploaded cartridge !!!

No Edit means I cannot change description text any more ... :unsure:

Edited by [JH]

Problem solved !!!

Tried to contact Wherigo.com support, they saied to be patience,

I was waiting whole week, but they did nothing yet...

I just wanted them to delete my "broken" cartridge...

fingers crossed had a good idea, but I could not get into "Edit Cartridge page", so I still didnt know how to edit cartridge description...

Now I got an idea - browse my history in firefox - then found:

http://www.Wherigo.com/cartridge/edit.aspx?CGUID= (my cartridge id)

so I open this link and edit my "broken" cartridge (edit description and delete HTML code which was added by Wherigo.com after uploading) - now "My Home" page works

By the way: If I deleted my browser history I would never be able to get to "My Home" at Wherigo.com and I would never be able to Upload any cartridge - so this is very unhappy because if you cannot upload, edit your cartridges, how to share them for another people ??

the Wherigo.com should do something with that !!

(official Wherigo.com contact (support) did not help me

Thanks God !!

(Im atheist) :-)

Edited by [JH]

Yeah, and without a way to delete a cartridge, either. It's wonder to hear the problem might be fixed. I just wish I was notified, per my request.

Yeah, me too.

Glad it was fixed but now I have two cartridges online. I can live with that. It's too bad no word from anyone from Groundspeak as to what the problem was and what they did to solve it.