Alternative uses for a Chirp

Having tried a Chirp geocache out recently (thank you *mouse*) I personally think that the Garmin Chirp is a useful addition to the game. :grin:

This got me thinking as to what alternative uses people might find for these little devices, for example attaching one to your keys or wallet so that when, as often happens, we can't find them we could use our GPRr to locate which room they are in.

My suggestion therefore is that folk post here any other uses they have thought up for them, and maybe posts will develop as they will trigger brainstorming ideas amongst us?

This doesn't need to be just non-geocaching ideas as there must be other ways they can be used in geocaches - eg for and Event.

Get your thinking caps on, after all this is only limited by the power of the human mind! :anibad:

PS: Please don't use this tread to discuss the pros/cons of the Chirp as there is already another thread for this.

I didn't think the chirp had the ability to know where it was, so if you attach one to your keys you'd need to reprogram it every time you put them in a different room to change the message from "I'm on the kitchen table" to "I've dropped down the back of the sofa"....

You could put one here with a message saying "Stop you moron you're about to drive over a cliff"

Instead of the secret Geocachers handshake, which only cachers in the inner sanctum know about, we could all carry our own chirp with our cachers name on it, then when we pass each other in the field we'd instantly know that the person coming down the path is one of us, saves all that "is (s)he/isn't (s)he" business.

Edited by MartyBartfast

Instead of the secret Geocachers handshake, which only cachers in the inner sanctum know about, we could all carry our own chirp with our cachers name on it, then when we pass each other in the field we'd instantly know that the person coming down the path is one of us, saves all that "is (s)he/isn't (s)he" business.

what a great idea! :anibad:

But...

I know who I am -I think :) - why do I need to carry a chirp to keep telling me who I am?

Sorry, who am I? :)