Buying a GPSr - anybody ever heard of BestYonko?

KRUZZIN 2

I found an online retailer called BestYonko. They are advertising the Garmin Oregon 450 for $230 US. That's way better than anybody else. As a retired professional accountant who got involved with the occasional fraud investigation however, I am bothered by the lack of identification and the fact that they claim to want to be the biggest online distributer in the world and focus on the UK market, and they sell in US$, euros and pounds, but the only address I can find appears to be in New Jersey. Whenever a price seems to good to be true ..... Anybody ever heard of these guys or bought anything from them?

I found an online retailer called BestYonko. They are advertising the Garmin Oregon 450 for $230 US. That's way better than anybody else. As a retired professional accountant who got involved with the occasional fraud investigation however, I am bothered by the lack of identification and the fact that they claim to want to be the biggest online distributer in the world and focus on the UK market, and they sell in US$, euros and pounds, but the only address I can find appears to be in New Jersey. Whenever a price seems to good to be true ..... Anybody ever heard of these guys or bought anything from them?

Not the easiest site to navigate. They don't list either of my units so I can't really compare.

if it was me, i'd try my hardest to get it PM'd somewhere locally. looks like bestyonko is based in the UK, so that may or may not be good for you depending on where you are located and how well the store you go to looks on their site.

if it was me, i'd try my hardest to get it PM'd somewhere locally

Not Following - "PM'd"?

PM'd == Price Matched?

Gotcha. Mind you if I was a retailer in North America I wouldn't price match that flimsy looking operation. The site has a lot of the indications of a scam, complete with spelling errors and no way to get at them except your keyboard. There are a lot of unanswered questions for me. Where is the product coming from. Taxes, import duties. There is a lot of opportunity for hidden costs. I've written to them and if I don't get answers I'm comfortable with I'm going to buy from a Canada/US retailer I trust. Thanks for the suggestion. It would be worth a try.

bestyonko - huh...

GoDaddy domain created 7 October 2010. Awfully new. Domain contact:

Stones, Jonathan stones_jonathan@yahoo.co.uk

28 Crompton Avenue

Bolton, BL2 6PQ

United Kingdom

Ugh. Any time I see that the "Contact" info on the web site is only an in-house email system, no external email, no address, no phone, no anything ... buyer beware. Got a problem? Who ya gonna call? Maybe the guy above who owns the domain?

bestyonko - huh...

GoDaddy domain created 7 October 2010. Awfully new. Domain contact:

Stones, Jonathan stones_jonathan@yahoo.co.uk

28 Crompton Avenue

Bolton, BL2 6PQ

United Kingdom

Ugh. Any time I see that the "Contact" info on the web site is only an in-house email system, no external email, no address, no phone, no anything ... buyer beware. Got a problem? Who ya gonna call? Maybe the guy above who owns the domain?

Good work my man!! I don't know how you did that but it told me everything I need to know. Thanks.