Finding a now archived cache?

WilliamTM

There's a geocache in London that I've previously tried to find while visiting the area, but with no luck.

I'm heading down to London again in just over a week, so I thought I'd have a look and check if it's still there (along with any other new caches in the area), but I've just had a look, and I can't see it, so I suspect it's been archived. I'm curious to know why it's been archived, but I have no idea how to find it again.

I never logged a DNF for it, so I can't check my account's log, and I don't have the GC number, nor do I remember the title, or who logged it, or who found it. The only thing I can remember is the location. It was somewhere around 51.4941580, -0.171641.

So, I'm wondering if there's any way I can find archived caches somehow, or if perhaps anyone knows what the cache was and can direct me to it. Any ideas? :P

Hi... If your GPS is cluttered with waypoints like mine is, next time you are there, call up the waypoints list and it should be capable of pulling the closest to the top of the pile. This would only work for you IF it is in there, and if it was a non caching trip... this would be to seek the cache number you entered before.

It won't help before such a trip, or if you delete often. Good luck!

You've already figured out that you need help from someone who has kept the information on file.

Like you perhaps should be doing... any chance you have it in a computer record? GSAK or similar?

or even in a .loc of .gpx file, bookmark?

Doug 7rxc