The Newest World Record

legoboyjj

Also, I'd just like to add:

Threads like these, arguments like these, and creative logging techniques that may or may not "bend" the rules for ones self serving agenda are just a couple of more reasons why these power trails will probably be falling by the wayside before long.

They won't go away. The owner of Groundspeak not only approves of them, but recognizes the "world records" on his personal blog. And his opinion is really the only one that really matters, isn't it?

I can find where Eric Schudiske , the professional writer/ journalist hired to manage Groundspeak's lost and found and who is also the main writer for the blog posted about it. I also see that Eric's blog/ facebook post is about VK's run and not this latest one. I have yet to see where Jeremy, the owner of Groundspeak, has posted in his blog or on facebook anything about these numbers runs. Do you think you could post a link? thanks

Edited by Klondike Mike

They won't go away. The owner of Groundspeak not only approves of them, but recognizes the "world records" on his personal blog. And his opinion is really the only one that really matters, isn't it?

Yep, I saw this on Facebook today...this type of behavior (endorsing cheating in order to achieve some kind of 'record') was supported and celebrated...

Or perhaps he simply hadn't read this thread.

Also, I'd just like to add:

Threads like these, arguments like these, and creative logging techniques that may or may not "bend" the rules for ones self serving agenda are just a couple of more reasons why these power trails will probably be falling by the wayside before long.

I can find where Eric Schudiske , the professional writer/ journalist hired to manage Groundspeak's lost and found and who is also the main writer for the blog posted about it. I also see that Eric's blog/ facebook post is about VK's run and not this latest one. I have yet to see where Jeremy, the owner of Groundspeak, has posted in his blog or on facebook anything about these numbers runs. Do you think you could post a link? thanks

Correct. This is just the jounalist/writer/blogger/social media guy employed by Groundspeak, and he's obviously interviewed VK et al. Not the cache taker wither party that are the subject of this thread, and a "world record" to top that one. :angry:

EDIT: For the record this is the personal blog of one Jeremy Irish.

Edited by Mr.Yuck

We didn't get the world record on the ET Highway we just had a blast caching out in the Nevada Desert!

Sounds like fun! How many did you get? Any interesting stories to tell? What logging meathod did you use (you may not want to answer that one if it was not the traditional meathod because everyone will jump on you)?

Well - I just read ALL 407 (YES- I did and now it is past my bedtime) posts on this thread as I STILL intend to visit NV for the 1st time and do the trail. We'll just call reading these posts my "research" homework as preparation for the trip.

Here's my two cents for what it's worth. . .

There will be 5 of us in the group. We aren't going for any records (maybe some personal bests, but nothing "official") We are allowing ourselves a week. We intend to come up with a team name (don't know it yet) and we'll sign a team name but we will place each log back in the container we take it out of and place the container back where we got it from. That's just the way we roll.

We are not racing so we'll be sure to grab other non-ET caches that we near and will most likely veer off from time to time to hit the "must see" sites that we find in our research.

Mostly, we'll be spending a week together, enjoying each other's company, creating memories that will hopefully last a lifetime. Call it geocaching if you want to. We will. Yes, it's a numbers run too and it's a bonus that I can add another state that I've cached in. But I also enjoy the many hikes I've taken through the woods to a nicely stocked ammo box, the puzzles that have taken me WAAAAYYYY too long to solve, the multi-caches that take me to places I pass all the time but never took the time to really see the area, and even the virtual caches that are still around that take me to somewhere that I would not have gone otherwise. And yes, I even lift a few skirts now and then when I'm traveling on the road and just get tired of sitting in the hotel room.

That's what is so great about Geocaching to me. I can get out of it what I want. Go where I want and Cache as lazily (not sloppily and haphazardly but I guess cache slow as I want would have been a better choice of words) or as fast as I want. Hike as far as I want or grab a bunch of film cans on a long road in the desert if I choose to do that.

Part of this hobby of ours is getting to listen to what others say on forums such as this. I agree with parts of what several folks have said and disagree with just as many parts of what several folks have said. What I had hoped to find in this discussion was not the "How to do it fast" "should I move cache logs" "Should I stamp my team name" etc but I would have LOVED to read posts (There were 2 in the 407) that says be sure to stop in and see this place, do this cache, gotta go here while in town, stay here while in town, eat here while in town, etc.

OK - now it's really past my bedtime but I have chimed in.

Good night and can't we all just get along :D