Keyword Search for Past Logs

g.i.s.

There's a cache I'm convinced I did a while back - I remember being there, and writing about a ghost horse and pelicans, but I can't find it under my 'found' - I can't remember the name of the cache; I'm even starting to doubt where it was.

Is there a way I can search my found caches for a specific keyword (like 'ghost rider' or 'pelican')?

Maybe the cache has been archived in such a way it doesn't show up on my finds (is that even possible?)...

I know it's early, and probably not the best time to be grappling with my admittedly poor memory, but this is bugging me!

I did a quick SQL search on my database for "ghost rider", but nothing was returned.

What you can try and do, is download your "MyFinds.gpx" file, and rename it to ".txt" (at the end), and then use something like Notepad to open the file, and look for the text within.

What could have happened, although very unlikely, is that the owner of the cache deleted your log. That way it would never show up. But this is highly unlikely.

Do you remember the date?

Do you save your track logs?

The only cache I know of that could sort of be used for your log is "NOLY - Headless Horseman" (GC18MZ0) but that is up here in Gauteng.

I did NOLY - Headless Horseman in an epic event! My (non) cache was in Cape Town.

See, I don't want to rely on my memory, because - let's face it - it sucks! I think it was "Royal Ascot" - the ghost rider comment was made in my log and I wrote it in the cache, too. I just can't be sure. I think it was this year sometime. And I saw a large flock of pelicans circling overheard, too, and I'm pretty sure I added that to the online log. But I don't know for sure.

If anyone happens to remember that in a log, lemme know! Otherwise, I'm just giving up and moving on. And I'll do the cache again (?) and see if that helps my memory!

Edited by g.i.s.

Hi g.i.s.

Royal Ascot is mine.... I remember a log about a horse that ran by without a rider, and the cacher commentating something funny about it... Can't remember anything about pelicans though... Rest assured I haven't deleted a log yet...

Henzz you could possibly search your Inbox archive for the log.

Hi g.i.s.

Royal Ascot is mine.... I remember a log about a horse that ran by without a rider, and the cacher commentating something funny about it... Can't remember anything about pelicans though... Rest assured I haven't deleted a log yet...

Ahhh! That was me! Thanks, Henzz. I was so sure about writing that, and now you've helped assure that I wasn't going crazy after all. Yes, I remember it - a horse ran past, really, really fast, riderless (hence ghost rider!). After a while a jockey came running after it. Maybe the pelican was at a nearby cache and I just mixed them up. Or thought about writing it and didn't.

Thank you, Henzz!

Good to know I'm not (that) crazy...

I know you would never have deleted a log. There must have been some technical glitch and I'll start recording my cache finds again.

Hi Guys,

Im totally new here :) And while taking a nice walk about last night, i stumbled apon "Royal Ascot".

Totally confused at first, but after some reading of the material in the box sanity was restored. I'd heard about geocashing a while ago but never took the time to understand the whole concept, but after reading some articles i understand.

And "Royal Ascot" is still in the same place and condition in what i found it in.

Good luck to the next person who finds it! I definately think im going to give this a go.

Cheers guys

Dean