Carring An Android Phone

How do you carry this type of phone? Do you use a holster, face plate, housing or a skin? I am looking into the HTC Desire and would like to know the best way to protect it. All of my other phones I use a holster, but this seems a bit large. I am not one to put it in my pants pocket unless I am sure it will be safe. Every phone I have had looks like new when I get rid of it.

Thanks

I got the Droid X last week and the sales guy had his personal one in the Motorola Shell/Holster Combo. The shell is rubber-like with pattern for grip and the holster is hard. The screen faces in, so it is protected. It can be tilted vertical or horizontal. I also have the screen protector film.

They make the Pelican Case for some phones. I would think that would be the most weatherproof housing. You can always go the cheap and easy route by slipping your phone into a small ziplock bag when weather threatens.

I have two friends that have dropped their phones into water. The phones had moisture detectors that had detected the water. Both phone lost their warranty. My question is how do you make the phone waterproof?

I have a Nexus One and 1st gen Mytouch and all I can say is that the Invisible Shield from Zagg is the best investment ever. Dirt and dust always seem to get into any case and then rub and scratch a phone. A full body shield goes on and has lifetime replacement either online or you can find the kiosks in malls all over now. :anibad:

I got the Droid X last week and the sales guy had his personal one in the Motorola Shell/Holster Combo. The shell is rubber-like with pattern for grip and the holster is hard. The screen faces in, so it is protected. It can be tilted vertical or horizontal. I also have the screen protector film.

Exact same setup I'm using works very well. I like the idea of the screen facing inward.

Screen protector & silicon case. Phone usually gets carried in my jacket 'map' pocket and frequently finds itself inside a ziploc bag if weather requires it. You can still use the phone in the bag and as long as you are navigating via compass, even a blurred image through the plastic is usually enough to ensure you are going the correct way.

I have two friends that have dropped their phones into water. The phones had moisture detectors that had detected the water. Both phone lost their warranty. My question is how do you make the phone waterproof?

There is the ziplock bag which works to a point. Also, I was at REI last week and saw a "commercial" waterproof pouch made specifically for electronics like phones and IPods. It looks like it comes in three sizes. There is a whole bunch on their site and this link will hopefully get you there.

http://www.rei.com/search?query=waterproof+cases

(I apologize again for the TRIPLE above, there was something really screwed up with my connection yesterday!)

I use the seido innocase ii holster and case for my EVO 4G. It's a vertical case and like rstickle mentioned it really gets in the way. I tend to clip mine on my pocket though instead of belt. Not really a good thing to do but if im in the woods ill put it in a zipper jacket pocket. I rarely use mine for geocaching out in remote locations due to lack of phone signal in this area.