sending owner a pic

phillyman

having been to a virtual and took note of details and taken picture,

sent details via Groundspeak to owner but while trying to include picture i found that it was not possible,

I know how to attach picture to ordinary e- mails but there seems to be no way to include a picture on the Groundspeak send message system

the owner has not replied (e-mailed17/10) so do not know if i have not completed correctly and have also spotted that no one else has logged since but someone has on another virtual that this person owns

i must say i am a little confused are we supposed to log first with picture and then e-mail answers to owner

and hope not to have log removed ??????????

For Virtuals requiring a photo, unless specified by the CO, the photo is normally required to be added to the onlie log.

I generally log my visit online as a note (drop down menu "Type of Log") , including uploading the photo with the log, then email the owner. When the owner replies you can then go back to edit your log to change it to a "Found it" log, and it will still be in the correct order chronologically.

Hello i also know how difficult it is to get a photo with a log as we have been caching since 2004 and never managed it yet,even though we have had some help but if the click by click instructions have just one click missing then you fail again,we have missed out on lots of virtuals as when you email the owner they dont answer, if they did then you could email them a picture. hope you find out how to do it. jeff=bones1.

Don't forget, some virtuals have a "No pictures" policy.

In this instance, a picture cannot be necessary because as you say, you can't send (unless, the owner puts an email address on the page.

This cache for instance, has such a policy. To be fair to the CO in this instance, they will also make a note of other caches you may have done in the area and use a bit of common sense (to stop certain people logging this as an armchair caches).

I think generally, if Virtual owners think that you've genuinely been in the area, then they'll let it stand.

I always log virtuals and earthcaches as found and email the owner with the details. If a picture is required I include the picture with my log, ensuring no spoiler pictures are included. If the owner isn't happy with what I have done they can always let me know. So far I have never had an issue.

Ditto.

They can let me know, or delete the find.

If the cache owner wants a photograph sending they should include a cachername @ ISPname.com address!

Just make sure any photograph you post on the page isn't a spoiler. Why make it easier for others! :P

I always log virtuals and earthcaches as found and email the owner with the details. If a picture is required I include the picture with my log, ensuring no spoiler pictures are included. If the owner isn't happy with what I have done they can always let me know. So far I have never had an issue.

sounds fair enough and seems the way to go

what also is annoying, some others say that they had quick replies (not all)

thanks to all who answered my question

sounds fair enough and seems the way to go

what also is annoying, some others say that they had quick replies (not all)

thanks to all who answered my question

I think that's just a question of Life getting in the way. I know some e-mails I answer immediately and others I don't get round to, but it just depends on how many other demands there are on my time at that time.