Error uploading cartridge at Wherigo.com

Chemruz

Aw, don't tell me that, Tequila! If I was updating the web site, that would have been more work for me! The Groundspeak Builder includes its own cartridge compiler (I know this only because I have tried compiling a cartridge without being online), so, for the sake of this problem, I'll be checking the cartridges against it. If the Builder's compiler creates a GWC, then I'll test a GWZ against the online compile service.

As it is, I'm looking over one of the cartridge files sent by Chemruz. I couldn't even get Urwigo to import it, so I created a new cartridge file and added blocks of code and several objects to it, making sure at least the Groundspeak Builder (fewer keystrokes to use that builder) could open it. I finally did get it into a format where everything is there and the Builder could open it. The builder needed an "InputVariableId" attribute on the inputs; this was not provided by Urwigo, so I had to add it.

I cannot, at the moment, get the cartridge to compile on my computer. The compiler keeps erroring on Urwigo's _amT() function, used to decrypt text. I can't put it in Author Functions because it's called when a builder parses the cartridge.

Thus far, I've spent close to an hour and a half on this. I feel that, if I come up with a fix, the author might not be able to edit the cartridge again. That's less than ideal, but it will at least preserve the author's work. I've gotten to wondering, though, if the authors themselves can compile their cartridges using Urwigo. All my work is based on the assumption the authors can compile the cartridges they sent me, and the site is the only thing that errors for them. As I said, I've been having problems getting one of the cartridges to compile.

I'll take a break, add some submitted logos to the Statbar Modifier, then look at Master Mariner's cartridge and see if I can learn anything I might be able to apply to Chemruz's problem.

Ah. I see the "Error loading HTML filter". You mean when you display a cartridge's listing, this shows up in the "About this cartridge" and "Starting location" sections, plus for each log written to the site. Got it.

I'll send that to Groundspeak. I'll also mention the compiling problem as something I'm working on.

I successfully uploaded a GWZ file, created in Urwigo, on 4th November without a problem. I have just tried again with the same, unchanged GWZ file and I get the error messages. I too think that the problem lies with the web site.

<sarcastic mode on>Thanks, Groundspeak, for your rapid response to this problem.</sarcastic mode off>

The error with the HTML-filter looks like fixed, but I still can not upload a GWZ-file on the Wherigo.com website. A GWZ-file made with Urwigo can I not import in the Urwigo builder. When I unzip it I see a LUA-file but even that file can I not import in Urwigo.

Is there someone who can help or fix this problem?

I can't upload gws files on the Wherigo.com website. I need to be able to do this in order to unlock 4 different cartridges that I recently completed (found). When I saw that the HTML filter issue was resolved, I figured everything was going to be all better... but that's not the case!

Just tried uploading a cartridge as well. Not able to do so at all. B)

My error via the Builder:

Error publishing cartridge.

Publishing your cartridge file

The request failed with HTTP status 405: Method not allowed.

It is not working via the builder but I did find that it works if you upload the .GWZ file.

I was able to get the cart uploaded; however, when I go to the details page to set it active, set the time it takes to complete, and set my state I get the error when I submit those details.

I had the same problem. It turned out that the description of the Wherigo was too long! It would grab the description from the cartridge and apply it to the cache page. It chopped it off. Everything was still fine but when I tried to change the status it errored out.

I went into the cartridge and pared down the size of the description, re-uploaded it (so it did not chop off the end of the description on the page) and I was then able to edit the status.

VERY unintuitive, sloppy programming on Groundspeak's part. If there is a size limit why not just chop off the description on their end? Why cause it to error? (and why even have a limit on the page smaller then what the cartridge has? silly).

I'd rather not chop off the description. Rather, I'd prefer it to tell the user what the error was, present the description to the user, and allow the user to adjust the description from the same page.

I completely agree with everything above. Chopping down the description was the only way I could get rid of the error which is what was blocking my updating the status of the cartridge. It's beyond silly but.. that's our Wherigo.com site for you :(