Travel Bug to aquire collectible

jpaineh

I was thinking of putting a travel bug out with the objective of getting to a Hard Rock Cafe, having a pin attached then returning to a cache near me. I have to work out a way to repay the purchaser and also, would the pin stay with the bug? Any thoughts?

Not a bad idea at all. Things to consider:

• Some have tried doing this with state quarters. Eventually, the bug went missing. People must have needed tollbooth money icon_frown.gif
  • Geocachers are usually pretty generous people. If I came across a Hardrock bug, I think it would be neat to try and get a Hardrock pin and place it on the bug. I'm sure many others would, too. I wouldn't worry about reimbursement too much unless these things are like $50. If they are, see my first point.

Markwell

Not a bad idea at all. Things to consider:

• Some have tried doing this with state quarters. Eventually, the bug went missing. People must have needed tollbooth money icon_frown.gif
  • Geocachers are usually pretty generous people. If I came across a Hardrock bug, I think it would be neat to try and get a Hardrock pin and place it on the bug. I'm sure many others would, too. I wouldn't worry about reimbursement too much unless these things are like $50. If they are, see my first point.

Markwell