Attached photo

Guest Shoebox

Guest Shoebox

I am putting together a travel bug and would like to include a photo. But I think I saw somewhere a note about a photo size limit and I can't find that note again. It could have apply to photos attached to logs or perhaps I didn't see it at all. I would appreciate some advise. Thanks.

Guest Shoebox

The smallest image size my camera will go to is 640x480. I'm assuming the numbers are pixels and the total would be over the 100K limit. Is that what I am seeing or do I have it wrong somehow? Is it possible to cut the picture down and get below the limit? This computer stuff is obviously not my field. Thanks in advance.

Guest Markwell

The 640x480 pictures are always right on the fence of the 100K limit (personally, I'd like to see Jeremy increase it to 125K for this reason).

However, there are usually photo manipulation softwares that come with the camera that will allow you to crop the photo and get it below 100K.

At the very least, if you open the photo with the "Paint" utility that comes with windows, the image can be cropped pretty easily, and when you save it (make sure to do a "save as" so as not to lose your original photo), it will be highly compressed - and probably only be about 35K. The picture quality will be a little less, but the picture will be "postable".

Experiment a little and see what you can do.

------------------

Markwell

My GPS Activity Page

Non omnes vagi perditi sunt

Guest LazyLeopard

I've noticed that the server is more likely to stall as images get bigger... On my home system images over about 60kb are unlikely to download properly at first attempt. Being halfway round the world probably doesn't help, mind.

------------------

Purrs... LazyLeopard http://www.lazyleopard.org.uk