Does this sound like a good idea for a TB?

Squirrel Nut & Beersnob

I came up with this idea after finding a whole bunch of duplicate coins in a bulk lot I won on ebay, please let me know if you think this would be good as a TB. Or how about If I made a microcache version as well as a TB version?

Thanks!

Pay it Forward

It isn’t a requirement to participate in ‘pay it forward’ to move this travel bug, though I’d like to see everyone who finds it do so.

The ‘pay it forward’ travel bug carries foreign coins… finders are invited to take a coin, no trade necessary. If you choose to take a coin, I ask only that you ‘pay it forward’ by doing a little something for charity above and beyond what you would normally do. Donate canned goods to your local food bank, help out with an event sponsored/hosted by your place of worship, donate blood, whatever you choose.

All finders of a group are invited to take a coin, as long as everyone pays it forward. Adults are allowed to ‘help’ younger children with this requirement.

Please move the travelbug to another cache as quickly as possible, I’d like to see it reach as many cachers as possible. If there are 5 or less coins in the travelbug, please e-mail me so I can send coins to restock it.

As a side note, looking up information on the coin itself is something the whole family may enjoy. I’ve found some interesting tidbits about some of the coins I’ve started collecting, and hope you do as well.

I’ve numbered the bags the coins are in. When you take a coin or coins, please list what number(s) you have so when I restock the travelbug I don’t send duplicates.

I walk the Maze of Moments, but everywhere I turn to, begins a new beginning, but never finds a finish... -Enya, Anywhere Is

icon_smile.gif What a great idea! When someone does their good deed they could share their story on the travel bug page, maybe with pictures of the event, etc. In the spirit of "Pay it Forward" maybe the finder could pass the coin(s) that he/she took from the bug to someone else after the mission was completed? Or maybe add any foreign coins they might have to the travel bug? This will be an interesting bug to watch, for sure. Let me know if you do it! icon_smile.gif

i think it's a beautiful idea.

that said, i forsee some problems with the logistics. unless you just want to set this idea free in the universe, which is another story entirely.

it doesn't matter if you get to camp at one or at six. dinner is still at six.

I've gone ahead and created it:

PIF TB

Flask-

With the logistics, I know I'll have to refill it now and then. I'd think that most cachers wouldn't mind holding on the the TB until I can mail coins to restock it to them... icon_wink.gif

I've got 2 lbs of additional coins coming in soon from another e-bay auction. I don't expect this lot to contain many 'collector' coins, but there should be a bunch of interesting coins to use for this TB... if there's other logistics I overlooked that you thought of, please let me know so I can address it!

I walk the Maze of Moments, but everywhere I turn to, begins a new beginning, but never finds a finish... -Enya, Anywhere Is