Shipping Overseas

GregsonVaux

I have more questions for the coin sellers.

I get the impression that a decent enough portion of orders for geocoins come from overseas. Is this true? If so, can you estimate what percentage of coins are sold in Canada and the U.S. versus offshore?

The more important question is whether you have difficulty in shipping. I spoke with a postal employee today and she seemed to really enjoy telling me how difficult it is to ship overseas. I used the word "coin" and she kept saying "you can't mail money to many countries". I then told her that coin was a bad word and I really meant tokens with no monetary value. She then told me that if I were shipping commercially (i.e. selling something) that I would need an import permit from individual countries.

Have others run into these sorts of issues? Is this postal employee just enjoying saying no? Is it difficult to get import permits? Would I be better off limiting coin sales to the US and Canada?

Edited by GregsonVaux

We ship thousands of coins from Canada around the world each year and there is absolutely NO issue at all. We have occasionally taken shipments with us to ship from the US if we were travelling south and the same explanation applies. I have shipped from the US to overseas with the return address being Canada!

You will need to put on a customs decal, tag or sticker if it's leaving your country. On it write the item description as 'play token', value as ~$4/coin and tick the reason for shipping as either 'gift' or 'commercial sample'. Add the date and your signature if required.

You don't need to deal with 'importing' because you are 'exporting' and at this dollar value it's a mute point.

I never have any trouble shipping international, I just use my shipping software, fill in the blanks, and print and ship just like domestic.

Life is much easier when software helps you out.

What type of software do you use? Is it provided as part of a larger service? What sort of fees are involved?

Team kizb has had great luck using Stamps.com for its shipping needs.

I never have any trouble shipping international, I just use my shipping software, fill in the blanks, and print and ship just like domestic.

Life is much easier when software helps you out.

What type of software do you use? Is it provided as part of a larger service? What sort of fees are involved?

Team kizb has had great luck using Stamps.com for its shipping needs.

Thanks got the website. I'll take all the help I can get.