Whats your Geocaching goal?

Delons

The only goal I have is to look for a cache at every opportunity I can find, or make...

I truly enjoy the hunt, and while I prefer those caches out in the woods somewhere with picturesque views and stunning scenery, I have no qualms in searching for an occasional LPC. It is all about getting outdoors and seeking a cache for me. I don't even mind my DNF list, as it shows that I have, at very least, gotten out of the house and tried to find one.

So yes, my goal is to simply continue looking for geocaches at every opportunity I can.

My Geocaching goal is to SOMEHOW manage to find 3451 caches in a 24 hour period and make Ventura Kids shut up forever. :rolleyes:

I guess my new goal is to, from time to time, find one cache on a given day, but be able to look back and say to myself, Dam*, that was an excellent day!

It's all in choosing the right cache.

(* Yes, I spelled that wrong. If I spell it right, the frog turns it into dadgum, which is absolutely what I wouldn't say. Hey, can you fix the avatars or something?)

Goal: same as ever....To NOT burn out. ;)

Just getting over about a year and a half burnout. Between making 1000 for GWVI and the McCarran Donut Hole Challenge. I'd had enough of caching in my area. Sadly at that time, I couldn't afford to go anywhere else...

Ultimate goal is to cache somewhere else besides North America. Hopefully we will be in Ireland next year.

Oh and to stay away from angsty forum threads. <_<

Not sure how they calculate the top 10, but we'll be tied with #10 after next week. So we've got that going for us. :anibad:

Ha, well I'll need to work a little bit harder at it then. ;)

Seriously, I've half a mind to rent a car for a long weekend and just see how many countries I could get. You could surely get 5 new countries easy, it's like people in the USA who go on New England roadtrips I think.

You should. My wife is averse to spending long periods of time in the car, so we did small trips over 4-day weekends (God bless the US Army in Europe's training holiday schedule). We drove to the countries that were close, we took cheap flights to the countries that were further away. One trip we stayed in Copenhagen, Denmark, and took the train for a day trip in Malmo, Sweden. Another we stayed in Helsinki, Finland, and took the ferry for a day trip to Talinn, Estonia. On Labor Day 2008, she had to work, so I took a solo road trip through Bavaria and Austria (where we'd already cached) and I added Slovenia, Slovakia, and Hungary to the list. But if she'd been more OK with road trips, we'd have been all over.

Don't know how I missed this thread last year, perhaps my goal at the time was to spend less time in the forums? :unsure:

Having FUN isn't a goal, it is the rule. When I am not having FUN caching, I stop caching, or at least looking for that one and move on.

The long term caching goals are to cache in every state (34 so far), as many countries as time and money allow, and attend as many events as I can while traveling and caching. Also to complete the challenges that make sense to me. I find that they help with an alternate focus to my caching plans that adds to the FUN.

Since I missed the initial post and am getting on board at the annual bump, I can scratch out

Jasmer

366 Days of caching

100 Days in a Row

A-Z for your caching name

On the to do list for this year, finish the NC County and Delorme Challenges. I'm about 75% on both. Attend GWX, add another country or two to the list. On a more personal note I hope to meet more of the cachers I've gotten to know through the forums over the years (with a few exceptions-you know who you are :laughing: )

Edited by wimseyguy

Not sure how they calculate the top 10, but we'll be tied with #10 after next week. So we've got that going for us. :anibad:

Ha, well I'll need to work a little bit harder at it then. ;)

Seriously, I've half a mind to rent a car for a long weekend and just see how many countries I could get. You could surely get 5 new countries easy, it's like people in the USA who go on New England roadtrips I think.

You should. My wife is averse to spending long periods of time in the car, so we did small trips over 4-day weekends (God bless the US Army in Europe's training holiday schedule). We drove to the countries that were close, we took cheap flights to the countries that were further away. One trip we stayed in Copenhagen, Denmark, and took the train for a day trip in Malmo, Sweden. Another we stayed in Helsinki, Finland, and took the ferry for a day trip to Talinn, Estonia. On Labor Day 2008, she had to work, so I took a solo road trip through Bavaria and Austria (where we'd already cached) and I added Slovenia, Slovakia, and Hungary to the list. But if she'd been more OK with road trips, we'd have been all over.

Awesome, thanks for the tips! Had no idea Sweden was so close and Copenhagen is certainly on my list, so I will totally have to do that someday. :) Probably when it stops getting dark so darn early, that's the most annoying thing about this time of year around here.

We've only been caching 2 months, and can only do it at weekends (grr, work gets in the way of caching!) so we have lots of goals and wishes :) Our current short term goal is 100 finds by Christmas (currently on 72 with 2 weekends and Christmas Eve to go). Also, to get as many friends and family as we can transformed from Muggle to Cacher. Success already with my mother in law (Tristan's mum). Have explained the whole thing to many other people, next target will be my parents and siblings when we visit them at Christmas. Would love to get my grandparents into it, but I fear that the techno-aspect will scare them too much! :blink: And lastly...for the moment...I want to colour in every county on the UK map :)

Placed my first travel bug - target Calgary, Albeta, Canada by July 2013 when I go and visit my sister for the 1st time in 7 years. She has not met my young boys and my goal: find the travel bug with her.itsjust been found once and hope to see it starting to travel soon

Edited by Nonno's

Actually.... my goals are not numbers related.

My current goal is to put together an off-road trip out in the 29 palms desert to grab some geocaches.

Another goal is to build a rocket to launch at a geocaching event in Lucerne valley.

Did you accomplish these goals yet? If not, post when you are going and where exactly you are launching!! I want in! :)

My current goal is to solve and find 100 puzzle/mystery/unknown caches, whatever you want to call them. I am at about 83, I think, and there are several new ones nearby that I can probably solve pretty easily. Once I have reached 100, I'll try to find the old style challenge cache in the next state over. I am also trying to complete an interesting old style challenge we have here which is to find 25 Fraternal Order caches -- ones that are placed near Masonic Lodges. I am at about 17 there. Once you reach 25, you can go to the Grand Lodge and go on a tour. I don't think they are going to reveal any secrets or anything to me but I am very curious about it and have really enjoyed seeing little towns and finding the Masonic lodges each seems to have. I am gradually working on the Jasmer challenge and need most of the oldest caches which I will try to get when I visit my son in Seattle. I am kind of working on the Delorme challenge and a county challenge for my state but I haven't really made a big effort on those yet. And lastbutnotleast, I am working on the 366 day challenge. Only six days to go there.

Edited by magkirk