Whats your Geocaching goal?

Delons

I'd like to step off the plane in Europe for a long holiday and meet a cacher who invites us over and from there, luck and circumstance, and a good series of cachers who I've met in the forums show me what their country is really like and not that tourist stuff. After some great visits, making new friends it's time to go home and hope someday I can return the favor.

I'm going to go with that. My last goal was 1000 finds.

My Geocaching goals are:

1) Have fun.

2) Get better at finding caches.

3) Cache with other people as often as possible.

4) Be sure that all of my hides (not finds) are peculiar D/T combinations. (I.E. My only owned cache right now is a 2/4.5, and it's 25 feet up in a tree in a VERY high-muggle park. I refuse to set anything even remotely close to an LPC!)

Goal: Have fun!

My husband and I love having geocaching adventures together. We're a bit older than the average geocacher, therefore perhaps more aware of how precious free time is in all our lives!

Delons, I've seen so many posts from you on these forums; I admire your enthusiasm and hope you'll continue to enjoy the game!

Edited by The VanDucks

I'd like to step off the plane in Europe for a long holiday and meet a cacher who invites us over and from there, luck and circumstance, and a good series of cachers who I've met in the forums show me what their country is really like and not that tourist stuff. After some great visits, making new friends it's time to go home and hope someday I can return the favor.

I'm going to go with that. My last goal was 1000 finds.

I also reached a goal of 1000 finds a few months ago and changed my approach to the game once I achieved it. For me, my goals are:

Have fun.

Find caches in as many different states, countries, or just places that I haven't visited. I don't really care if I find more than one in these general areas.

I had an experience somewhat like your goal yesterday, though it's wasn't so much related to geocaching. I had just spent several hours touring Tiananmen square and the Forbidden city in Beijing (where I did find one cache) and sat down in the shade to rest a bit before heading back to my hotel. There, I met a local that I started chatting with and ended up continuing the day by going to tea. Then she showed me some of the older parts of the city I hadn't visited and the highlight was going into an old Hutong and finding the entrance to the underground city. She didn't know where it was but after asking several people we were eventually led to the right spot. At one point she asked a policeman that basically said that it didn't exist and that we were stupid for trying to find it. The entrance, which was basically just a door in a wall in a narrow alley, would have been a great spot for a cache.

My Geocaching goals are:

1) Have fun.

2) Get better at finding caches.

3) Cache with other people as often as possible.

4) Be sure that all of my hides (not finds) are peculiar D/T combinations. (I.E. My only owned cache right now is a 2/4.5, and it's 25 feet up in a tree in a VERY high-muggle park. I refuse to set anything even remotely close to an LPC!)

I would also go with # 1,2 & 3. I would like to thank you for the lpc, just because they're becoming a bit of a cliche. At least for me. :rolleyes:

Edited by jd-mitchell

1. Get my average terrain rating above 2.0. Keep it there. (I'm not sure how to calculate this now that INATN is gone. But only PQing for 2+ helps a lot.)

2. FTF a cache more than a year after it was published. Do it more often. (I've got just the ticket for that. In fact, I leave tomorrow.)

Also, have fun and write better logs. But to me those are more like guiding principles.

My main goal is still the same as when I started a few months ago, to spend quality time with my son in the outdoors!

Other than that, I don't know as I keep finding new things to do in caching. We enjoying FTF hunts, I recently did my first tree cache, we have hidden a few, hosted an event and met a bunch of great people. I think I will just echo the others in this thread and say I just want to continue to have fun.

Currently I'm trying to get all the D/T combinations by my 810th find.

81 by 810 hopefully with at least 25% with either D/T 3 or over. I should be able to accompish this. I'm planning a 200 mile trip to get a 4.5/5 this weekend and I'm at 795.

My second goal is to clear out all the non-traditionals in my 50 mile radius. I'm not too far away from that. about 14 virtuals, 12 mystery, 6 multi's a couple of earthcaches. Those are estimates last time I looked. A few have issues that have to be fixed b4 I can finish it.

After these I'll come up with another goal that will be fun and satisfying for me to accomplish.

Short Term Goals:

1) 500 Finds by the end of the year. Currently at 352.

2) Attend Cacheapalooza in January.

Mid Term Goals: visit several parks around Florida for their caches.

Long Term Goals:

1) GeoWoodstock & the Trifecta

2) cache all 50 states - which would also achieve my pre-existing goal of visiting all 50 states

Always Goals:

1) Use geocaching as a guide for traveling & hiking, taking me places I might not have otherwise gone.

2) Use geocaching as a brain exercise.

3) Have fun!

My current goals include:

Jasmer Challenge - find one cache hidden during each month since the beginning of May 2000 (2 months left).

Fizzy Challenge - find one cache of each D/T combination (8 or 9 combos left).

Find a cache in all 50 states (8 or 9 states left).

Travel a lot, so that my average cache find remains more than 150 miles from my home coords.

My goal is to set a new World Record for the most geocache finds in 24 hours....

....but I already did that..... ;)

.... but you already knew that ! :rolleyes:

A world record? What was it for? :)

"the most geocache finds". Now if we can get everyone to agree on what constitutes a "geocache find" it might actually mean something.

Edited by NYPaddleCacher

We genuinely only have one geocaching goal – and that’s to keep at it until it’s not fun any more…

But along the way there are a few things that we would LIKE to tick off, if possible

1) Cache in all 72 UK counties – 19 down 53 to go – it would just be nice to have an excuse, not that one should be needed, to travel all over this lovely country

2) Fill the D/T grid – likely to be very tricky as I’m way too old and unfit to go zooming up mountains or climbing trees, and the kids are too young to do anything too scary or dangerous – I need to do some research and find some terrain 5s that are within our grasp

3) Get a FTF – just one would do :unsure: We’ve been caching almost three years and haven’t got one yet (life circumstances, work, kiddies etc, mean we can’t really rush out on a moment’s notice when a new cache is published). It would be nice to be able to tick that box just one time.

4) Find a Wherigo cache

5) Go caching in the grand old US of A and find the Trifecta (unfortunately this would cost money, and that’s one thing we don’t have much of….)

Edited by The Chaos Crew

I used to do goals by the year, but after the first year left me scrambling to catch up, I noticed I tended to have conservative goals so that I knew I could meet them. And what's the fun in that?

So,

Short term goals (within the next three years):

- Get as many local challenge caches as possible (Alabama Delorme, Alabama county challenge, etc.)

- Not run out of local caches before we move. Easy when we were living near Frankfurt, Germany (thousands of local hides); hard when we were living in Charlottesville, VA (less than 100 hides in 10 mile radius when we got there); fair to middlin' here in Montgomery (already found over 100 local caches in five months; fortunately there are still over 500 within 15 miles).

Longer term goals:

- Get a "most found" D/T combo OTHER than 1/1. (Still hundreds of cache owners who refuse to adapt their ratings to the 1.5 default for non-handicap accessible.)

- Get some of the older Well Rounded/Fizzy Challenges. We qualify for a bunch, but the older the cutoff dates for challenges, the more holes we've got.

- Find a cache in all 50 states, eventually.

- Find caches in more countries! 35 just isn't enough.

- Cache outside of the Northern Hemisphere.

- Fill in our European map. At least Western Europe. You really can't tell that Monaco and San Marino aren't filled in...but I know they're not. And that's not counting all the little odd dependencies.

I guess we're just going to have to get stationed in Germany again. Or maybe Japan.

1) Have fun

2)I'd like to find all the caches (NON Puzzle, as some are just crazy hard) in my town so when I load it up, there's nothing on my map:)

3)Because I like to check things off, I'd like to find one in all the IN counties.

4) Because I traveled via car around the US ALOT when I was a kid, I want to do the same for my son. I'd love to find one in every state....probably Hawaii and Alaska will have to wait quite awhile though:) Gotta save up for that.

5) There is a tricky string of Puzzles just north of here...eventually, I want to find them all, but they just don't make sense yet.

To explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go.

Also to sign the log.

I heard that! And agree!

Discovery of wonderful (not Lame) places to go that have great things to see and hike around in. I love the exercise, beauty and wonder of interesting places. I want another web site for the bored at heart to go to, and list their LPC, gaurd rail, cemetaries and meanless road side caches.

I want to hunt at least some for the cache, Trade and be surprized at what neat stuff is in there. I want to read the logs of the experiences people have while out there. I want to know no one is bothered by the presence of the cache and some safety was considered and maybe some judgement left to the finder. I want to Continue the GREAT thoughtful sharing of these forums - WOW!

Show me a neat old tree, a cave, a view, a trail, cabin, some history, a ruin, another WMA with tons of trails, a place to bike, an easy rock climb, an old indian site, a spooky forest, a paranormal place, a big foot home, A WATERFALL, where George Washington said "Well ain't that something!", a battle field, a new park with trails, a place with virgin timber or unual plants and animals, a place with a geology lesson. I have alot of goals but

TAKE ME SOMEWHERE REALLY NEAT!

Edited by GPS-Hermit

1. To provide fun and adventure for my fellow geocachers through my cache placements.

2. Have fun myself.

And that's it!

I hide all sorts of caches from urban micros to long hikes with great views to evil mystery caches. But, they're all there hoping someone will enjoy them. What surprised me is that for the month of October, we had 102 finds on 45 different caches! Never had that many finds in a month! So, I am very happy!! :unsure: