Question from a relative newbie

Cachealot

I read the (limited) FAQ and searched the forums and I know I saw a thread about this before but I can't for the life of me find it. So, here is my question.

I pick up a travel bug. I'm going to move him along on his goal. Later that same day, I take him with me caching to a number of caches that I don't leave him in because they won't help him meet his goal. (He wants to migrate in a specific direction.) Is it bad form to log him in and out of all those caches I visited just to give him the miles? After all, he was with me the whole time.

I will cross-post this in Getting Started also.

Thanks.

Thanks for the advice icon_smile.gif. I emailed the owner as suggested.

I have one additional question that I've come up with from reading another thread that was never clearly answered. I've found 5 or 6 TBs while caching, but ususally can't help them meet their goals, so I just leave them (and boy, don't my kids just love when we do that). Should I be logging them out and back into the same cache so I get "credit"? It seems kind of silly, but I saw in another thread that some people feel you should. Opinions?