Please Welcome the New UK Reviewer

Deceangi

And a warm welcome from me too, but why all the anonymity, I thought this was an open and honest game? :huh:

it's the personal decision of each Volunteer as to whether they remain anonymous. The UK Reviewers have always chosen to be open about who they are. But it's a personal choice by each one.

When a New Reviewer comes on board, there is a huge amount of information to be taken in. And also a huge change of Mindset, from Finder to Reviewer. Add in the fact that in the case of the UK, the person is coming into a very tight nit UK/Ireland Reviewer team. Which in its self can be daunting. So the choice is to remain anonymous, whilst the Training/Settling in/Shock period is completed.

A added benefit is that the person gets to watch the community try to work out who He/She is. With all the wrong guesses :unsure:

Lindinis will reveal His/Her identity in the future. And has clearly stated this. So enjoy the guessing game, and add in a stir of patience ;)

Deci

For me personally it only took someone 10 minutes from my first forum post to work out who I was :)

Welcome from us :unsure:

Hope we find out who you are soon.

Liked this comment by Chris - made me laugh!!!!

Well, if the indians would stop putting out more and more caches we wouldn't need so many chiefs

Welcome to Lindinis!

Chris

Graculus

Edited by mollyjak

(and the Les I'm thinking of is Achaos)

That was my immediate thought when I googled and found Ilchester, but.... now I'm going to put my neck on the block and say that I don't think it is Les as he would be reviewing caches in our own area and probably wouldn't manage to avoid looking at the hints :):unsure:

I'll be happy to be proved wrong though ;)

(and the Les I'm thinking of is Achaos)

That was my immediate thought when I googled and found Ilchester, but.... now I'm going to put my neck on the block and say that I don't think it is Les as he would be reviewing caches in our own area and probably wouldn't manage to avoid looking at the hints :huh::unsure:

I'll be happy to be proved wrong though :)

But as far as Groundspeak is concerned .... Dorset and Somerset aren't in the South West ;) (even though the rest of the world know we are!)

So in the running we have

Les - Achaos

Darapotter

any one else care to put a name into the frame? Go one you might be right, but then again you might be wrong :unsure:

Oh and the UK Geocaching Regions are Geocaching Administration Areas and not intended to match any currently used Historical/Political/Administration Region currently being used.

Just Like Geocaching.com has double the Number of Countries than the UN recognises. As their just Geocaching Administration Regions.

Deci

So in the running we have

Les - Achaos

Darapotter

any one else care to put a name into the frame? Go one you might be right, but then again you might be wrong :unsure:

Oh and the UK Geocaching Regions are Geocaching Administration Areas and not intended to match any currently used Historical/Political/Administration Region currently being used.

Just Like Geocaching.com has double the Number of Countries than the UN recognises. As their just Geocaching Administration Regions.

Deci

well .... it's not me thats for sure! ;)

So let's get this right - there is a new reviewer, who through Deci's subterfuge remains genderless and nameless but is reviewing (... not necessarily LIVING, but probably) in the South West.

We're told that the reviewer wants anonymity but then Deci starts listing the possible names in an attempt to blow the subterfuge.

Is this the latest 5/5 cache or something? Spot the reviewer.

Welcome to the reviewer, whoever you be.

:unsure:

Have a look at Post 8 et al, on this topic

That's a list of the reviewers... I was asking what all their caching names are.

I review as The Long Man and look after the South East of England I have also been helping out in the West Midlands. As a player I cache as Andy33 and as you probably have guessed my real name is Andy :unsure:

Andy

The Long Man

Volunteer UK Reviewer for geocaching.com

UK Geocaching Information & Resources website www.follow-the-arrow.co.uk

Geocaching.com Knowledge Books

Reviewer Name: Deceangi, started May 2006. Currently covering North Wales/North West England/IoM/Malta & Gibraltar. Fill in for colleagues as needed.

Member Name: Mancunian Pyrocacher (started off as Mancunian) member since August 2002. Must have around 50-60 finds yet to log :huh: (I get there in the end, even if a few years late :unsure: ) from which you'll see I'm not a numbers chaser

GAGB Member name Mancunian (I joined before the account Name change)

To confuse people I live in North Wales ;) , but was a born and bred Manchester lad (when Manchester was part of Lancashire :ph34r: )

Real Name Dave

Permanent shadow (as in she sulks if she can't come with me :ph34r: ) No Red Berries aka Hollie the Black Poodle (she has her own GC account :) )

Deci

Hi Guys,

Well, it's better than I expected. :D This is great fun and yep, the reason for my anonomity is to firstly, keep the training period a bit clearer and the turnover in my inbox down.

I promise to come out when either : I get fed up with the anonomity, It becomes obvious who I am, or I loose my sanity. Just an incentive I can disclose there is one local cacher who has twigged my identity, but has promised to keep quiet.

A prize of a 35mm film can to the first member who correctly identifys me here and/or sends an email to my normal geocaching account.

By the way, my gender may be determined by studying the endings of Latin words. :D

So, good luck and I'll look forward to being of service.

:D Lindinis :D

Edited by Lindinis

Hi Guys,

snip...

A prize of a 35mm film can to the first member who correctly identifys me here and/or sends an email to my normal geocaching account.

...snip

:D Lindinis :D

If that's the prize .... then I am going to withdraw my guesses :D

Another possible name has come into my head. If I am correct (not naming them here) then they haven't done any of my caches. So have you done any of my caches Lindinis?

Another possible name has come into my head. If I am correct (not naming them here) then they haven't done any of my caches. So have you done any of my caches Lindinis?

Ohhh errrrr! you might have it!.

You've not done any of mine, I've not done any of yours. We have been to some events in common, one had a lot of 10's in the date another (the latest) was hosted by WB&BW.

Good luck

Lindinis

Edited by Lindinis

Ohhh errrrr! you might have it!.

You've not done any of mine, I've not done any of yours. We have been to some events in common, one had a lot of 10's in the date another way hosted by WB&BW.

Good luck

Lindinis

Oh dear .... I might need to put my thinking cap on again. I have definitely done a few caches of the person I am thinking of (including the only DNF on one of your caches .... it had gone missing) Although, to be fair I haven't done any of the most recent ones.

Oh dear .... I might need to put my thinking cap on again. I have definitely done a few caches of the person I am thinking of (including the only DNF on one of your caches .... it had gone missing) Although, to be fair I haven't done any of the most recent ones.

:D:D:D

Whoops !!!! sorry due to brain failure ----- yes you have logged some of mine ----------

That the problem with having two usernames. .....

I did the search using Lindinis not my caching account.

So, I can confirm you have logged more than one of my caches.

Cheers

Lindinis

Edited by Lindinis

Well thats now five or six cachers who know my true identity. Tim (Keehotee) gets the (used) 35mm film can prize!!!!

Others in the know are Achaos, Spacebat, Stoke Bunnies & Saltercrease Rangers. (and I think Maple Leaf, who I accidently misled).

Well done guys

Does anyone else want to have a guess before I confirm my name here?

Deadline will be 8pm GMT tonight.

Cheers & thanks for the fun

Lindinis

Edited by Lindinis