Garmin 62s Clock

LandRover

So I'm doing a nice little hike this weekend when I look at the trip computer and it tells me that I should arrive at my destination at ~6PM, now I know I'm not the fastest hiker in the world but 9 hours to hike 3 miles. Turns out the clock had reverted back to Auto which apparently is GMT, I reset it back to Pacific Time and it worked great until I shut the unit off and restarted it where it then went back to AUTO. Am I the only one this is happening to and is there a setting to keep it where I want it or do I need to reset the thing to the correct time zone every time I use it. You would think this silly thing would know what time zone I'm in after all it knows within a few feet where I am on this planet.

That's exactly what "auto" is supposed to do. The unit compares your location to a time zone map and sets the time accordingly. Are you in an area near a TZ boundary? I wonder if the map is not accurate.

You might want to make sure you have the map loaded as well. If you connect your 62 to your computer look for a file called gmaptz.img in the \Garmin folder, if you don't have one that could cause an issue.

That's exactly what "auto" is supposed to do. The unit compares your location to a time zone map and sets the time accordingly. Are you in an area near a TZ boundary? I wonder if the map is not accurate.

You might want to make sure you have the map loaded as well. If you connect your 62 to your computer look for a file called gmaptz.img in the \Garmin folder, if you don't have one that could cause an issue.

You nailed it on the head, no gmaptz.img, hmmmm. Any idea where I can get the file.

If I set the GPS to Pacific Time why does it keep going back to Auto?

You nailed it on the head, no gmaptz.img, hmmmm. Any idea where I can get the file.

If I set the GPS to Pacific Time why does it keep going back to Auto?

WebUpdater saw that the file was missing and reinstalled it on the 4th try, apparently I needed to close the E: folder before it would add the file to the \Garmin folder.

Thanks for the help it is much appreciated.