Anyone cache by pony/horse?

Just setting Harry the Horse travel bug to explore the world, especially caches reachable by horse/pony and just wondered how many people used this mode of transport. Not managed many of mine so far on the pone but enjoyed taking him along for the hunt when I've been able :santa:

Pita getting on and off, let alone the spooking everywhere. So i'd guess not a lot of peeps do.

Gonna show my age here... Does anyone remember a television programme in the 60's - 70's call 'Out of Town' presented by Jack Hargreaves? In a number of episodes he travelled the byway with a pack pony. I always thought I'd like to do that someday... not ride the pony but just use it to carry a tent and stuff and wander the old roads. Maybe I still will... one day... and pick up a cache or two along the way. :huh:

Gonna show my age here... Does anyone remember a television programme in the 60's - 70's call 'Out of Town' presented by Jack Hargreaves? In a number of episodes he travelled the byway with a pack pony.

Crikey......gonna show my age as too, coz I remember it well! Often had his pipe in his gob! He was also on "How", a programme that he had conceived.

Ahhh.....memories! [:huh:]

There is a cacher over Leicestershire way that rides, and has -I think- done a few caches by horse...

Would that be Splendidz and INCA the Geohorse you are thinking of? Over near Meerkat Harborough.

Jon

http://img.geocaching.com/cache/log/ed8783...e785c5bdaad.jpg

Yes, that's me ;)

I've done a few caches from Inca the Geohorse..... but it doesn't amuse him very much and it's a bit of a pain getting on and off, you can get to FTFs faster though :rolleyes:

Didz