Geo-Politics

NicElliott

You seem really young. You'll realize in time that it takes 2 to debate, 2 to fight. You don't *have to be drawn into things like that if you don't allow yourself to be. You can choose to keep company with positive people or others that suit your fancy and tune out the rest. Takes some practice but it can be done tactfully and without being mean spirit. Good luck in your adventures!

i am young. 25. i see what your saying but the problem i was having was this, i wasn't running into those positive cachers, untill now lol.

You seem really young. You'll realize in time that it takes 2 to debate, 2 to fight. You don't *have to be drawn into things like that if you don't allow yourself to be. You can choose to keep company with positive people or others that suit your fancy and tune out the rest. Takes some practice but it can be done tactfully and without being mean spirit. Good luck in your adventures!

i am young. 25. i see what your saying but the problem i was having was this, i wasn't running into those positive cachers, untill now lol.

That wasn't meant to be an attack. We were all young once! I hope you find whtat you're seeking! :rolleyes:

I think that on the internet people feel shielded from the judgement of the people that they are talking to, and can seem a lot more uptight and argumentative than they would be if you met them in real life. Tact often goes out of the window, and things are easily misunderstood due to the distinct lack of tone and body language.

I had a bit of reputation on another game's forum for being a bit hot headed and willing to debate about almost anything, but after a group meet-up in real life everyone went away thinking that I was like a timid little pussy cat who couldn't hurt a fly.

I often think I should just avoid forums because it only gets frustrating, but somehow I just can't help myself.

In a mixed group like this, it's hard to convey tone without peppering your text with emoticons, punctuating with lol, and otherwise coming across like a 13-year-old girl with brain damage lol. :rolleyes:;):)B):D:D lol

Yeah, no thanks.

Politics is an unfortunate result of growth. You will see this in just about any group of people. There will eventually be people who wants everything done their way. Then you will get people who don't like being to do it the way someone else wants. Soon enough the bullies show up along with the people who think they are better than others. Finally the shunning will come along with larger groups breaking down into factions.

I have seen it all over the past seven years.

The best reply in this forum. Bottom line...who cares about other's opinions on the game? Just play how you want and they don't like it...well, they can stick it.