Transferring GPS positions

For some reason my Garmin Ertrex Summit HC will not receive the Gps position from Cache pages when connected to the computer. All tests say the Garmin is detected and all drivers and software are up to date. This happens on both my computers!! Any ideas please? A window just says "Try installing the latest plug in" but when tested all is OK.

Edited by CEC Seekers
For some reason my Garmin Ertrex Summit HC will not receive the Gps position from Cache pages when connected to the computer. All tests say the Garmin is detected and all drivers and software are up to date. This happens on both my computers!! Any ideas please? A window just says "Try installing the latest plug in" but when tested all is OK.
With that Premium Membership, I'd be using Pocket Queries -- but that's another thread. You really DO want to look into that. Probably the #1 reason for paying the subscription.

First - is there any chance that you already have 500 caches on your Summit? That's the limit.

Second - are those caches far from your current position? If so, that could be why they don't appear for you. You'd need to search by Name, not by GC Code, if you want caches to show up that are distant.

With that Premium Membership, I'd be using Pocket Queries -- but that's another thread. You really DO want to look into that. Probably the #1 reason for paying the subscription.

First - is there any chance that you already have 500 caches on your Summit? That's the limit.

Second - are those caches far from your current position? If so, that could be why they don't appear for you. You'd need to search by Name, not by GC Code, if you want caches to show up that are distant.

I just started having problems transferring to my Vista HCx today. Yesterday evening everything was working fine. Wonder if it's a software update bug?

I just started having problems transferring to my Vista HCx today. Yesterday evening everything was working fine. Wonder if it's a software update bug?

No Caches on the machine at all, just cleared all off. Never had 500 anyway. When I look up GC....... cache pages a button says "Send to me GPS", never failed to work before!!

No Caches on the machine at all, just cleared all off. Never had 500 anyway. When I look up GC....... cache pages a button says "Send to my GPS", never failed to work before!! Where do I find Pocket Queries?

Edited by CEC Seekers

No Caches on the machine at all, just cleared all off. Never had 500 anyway. When I look up GC....... cache pages a button says "Send to my GPS", never failed to work before!! Where do I find Pocket Queries?

http://www.geocaching.com/pocket/default.aspx

http://www.geocaching.com/pocket/default.aspx

I just started having the same problem loading to my 60CSx