Geocaching .com glitch- maps and TBs not working

Can anyone help?

For the last week I have been unable to pull up geocaching.com maps and now I cannot drop TBs off.

Any ideas?

Hi,

Don't know which browser you are using but I'll take odds on the fact it's a browser problem and not a website problem.

Try deleting your browser cache and then delete all your gc.com cookies (except for your username and password cookies). The shut down and restart your browser.

If you are using firefox and need to know more about how to do this get back to me and I will talk you through it.

Any other browser and you might need someone else to help as I am only familiar with Firefox these days.

Hope that helps a bit

Cheers

Lovejoy

Hi Thanks for the info. Yes I am using Mozilla and am not good at computer tweeking. I would welcome more info. Wont be back on line for 36 hours ( Thursday pm)

Can anyone help?

For the last week I have been unable to pull up geocaching.com maps and now I cannot drop TBs off.

Any ideas?

Hi,

Don't know which browser you are using but I'll take odds on the fact it's a browser problem and not a website problem.

Try deleting your browser cache and then delete all your gc.com cookies (except for your username and password cookies). The shut down and restart your browser.

If you are using firefox and need to know more about how to do this get back to me and I will talk you through it.

Any other browser and you might need someone else to help as I am only familiar with Firefox these days.

Hope that helps a bit

Cheers

Lovejoy

Okey Dokey, no worries. Try this:

Clearing the browser cache:

1. At the top of the Firefox window on the menu bar, click on Tools>Options

2. Select the Advanced panel (It has a cog wheel icon)

3. Click on the Network tab.

4. In the Offline Storage section, click the Clear Now button.

Clearing the cookies

2. This time, select the Privacy tab. It has a mask icon

3. Click the button that says "show cookies"

A new window will open listing all the cookies, divided into folders with + signs next to them.

4. Scroll down this list until you get to the folder named "geocaching.com"

5. Select the cookies you want to delete and click the "Remove Cookie" button

You can either remove all the cookies in the geocaching.com folder, all this will mean is you will have to log in again when you go to the website.

To avoid having to log in again, delete all cookies except for the ones called FNPW and userid.

(Personally I would delete them all then log back into the website)

Click Close until you have closed all the pop up windows.

Shut down your browser, give it 30 seconds then open it again.

Not promising that will solve the problem, but it is the first place to start. If it doesn't solve it let me know and we'll see what we can do next.

Good luck

Lovejoy

Lovejoy

Many thanks for your help and your time. We have definitely got the maps back and hopefiully we can drop the TBs off.

Really appreciate the help, did not want to exist only on internet explorer instead of firefox! Many many thanks

WMPs

Okey Dokey, no worries. Try this:

Clearing the browser cache:

2. Select the Advanced panel (It has a cog wheel icon)

3. Click on the Network tab.

4. In the Offline Storage section, click the Clear Now button.

Clearing the cookies

2. This time, select the Privacy tab. It has a mask icon

3. Click the button that says "show cookies"

A new window will open listing all the cookies, divided into folders with + signs next to them.

4. Scroll down this list until you get to the folder named "geocaching.com"

5. Select the cookies you want to delete and click the "Remove Cookie" button

You can either remove all the cookies in the geocaching.com folder, all this will mean is you will have to log in again when you go to the website.

To avoid having to log in again, delete all cookies except for the ones called FNPW and userid.

(Personally I would delete them all then log back into the website)

Click Close until you have closed all the pop up windows.

Shut down your browser, give it 30 seconds then open it again.

Not promising that will solve the problem, but it is the first place to start. If it doesn't solve it let me know and we'll see what we can do next.

Good luck

Lovejoy

No problem at all, glad to have been able to help, hopefully it's all fixed and if it happens again...

Thanks for reporting back, I seem to have been giving quite a bit of help lately to posters who never come back to the board to say whether their problem was resolved or not.

Always useful to know when things work (and when they don't) ready for the next time someone has the same issue.

Also nice to get a 'thank you' now and then. So thanks for that :D

Have a great weekend.

Lovejoy

Many thanks for your help and your time. We have definitely got the maps back and hopefiully we can drop the TBs off.

Really appreciate the help, did not want to exist only on internet explorer instead of firefox! Many many thanks

WMPs