Palauan Storyboard Travel Bug Missing

Ratsneve

I've lost track of my 'Palauan Storyboard' TBM18C again and would now like it routed back to Central Oregon if I could be so lucky please. I'm trying to contact the last person, rriver79, who had the bug a couple months ago.

I also seem to have lost email notification and cannot find how or where to set the feature. I use to get an update whenever my bug moved. Where do I turn this notification on/off?

Thank you.

Edited by Ratsneve

No word from rriver79 yet. Can a moderator verify if his/her email address works/is active please? Bad things do happen.

Thought of setting up a poll question on lost TBs and Coins but the feature apparently has been turned off.

Have you ever lost a trackable item? If so, was it ever recovered or has it been lost forever?

Thanks.

Who knows, maybe they're doing disaster relief in Haiti or Indonesia right now. Send the email and give it time. You do not want to be the guy who pesters a cacher only to find out that person's life away from caching really was more important than your bug.

Edited by BlueDeuce

First of all you made a critical mistake. You state in the description that you sent out something that you want back. Travelers disappear quite regularly for long periods of time and sometimes forever.

The cacher who has it last logged in only a month ago so the email is probably good. If he/she chooses not to respond to a politely phrased email you may have to just live with it. Their is no requirement to reply. Multiple emails could even have a detrimental result.

You might want to consider making this the mission of your bugs. It is one I used for the last one I sent out.

I have decided to set a reasonable mission for this coin.

It is to wander afar in any direction.

It will be missing for long periods of time.

It will be listed as being caches where it is not.

It will be retrieved by cachers who will not move it for excessively long times.

It will be retrieved from caches that it is not logged into.

It will be retrieved from caches by cachers who will note its tracking number in the log.

Lastly there is nothing about travelers that can't be solved with two martinis.

I usually don't keep travel items long periods of time. However, if I started getting multiple e-mails from someone I would likely drop that thing into any old cache instead of trying to find a secure cache just to get rid of it and have the person off my back.

It appears that the person in possession of this bug hasn't logged on in a month. Maybe caching wasn't their thing. Maybe it has become too snowy or cold for that person to cache the way they want to cache. Or maybe they have a life out side of geocaching. Maybe they dropped the bug but didn't know how to log it. Who knows.

But it's time to just sit back and realize that the bug might just be gone and recognize that these things happen.