2themaxx is 3!

drneal

Yesterday, Maxx turned 3 years old! To celebrate his birthday, a cointest is in order.

The Cointest:

Share a memory (old or new,) of you and your best animal friend...pictures optional, but appreciated.

The Coin:

Border Collie Geocoin

IMG_NEW-20-1.jpg

I'll start...

Our very first schnauzer, Brandy, had a habit of climbing up onto the back of the couch and falling asleep with his head on Kathy's shoulder...I managed to get a picture one day...

IMG_NEW-9-1.jpg

One entry per person, cointests ends 12 AM (that's 84 AM in dog time :( ,) on Sun. Nov 14. Winner to be randomly drawn by Maxx and Heineken (that's right, it's time for the cheese-o-matic number generator...depending on number of entries, cheeses are numbered with edible ink, 0-1,2, or 3....the cheese is thrown out on the floor and last surviving piece is the first number. Numbers 0-9 are thrown out next, and the surving cube of cheese becomes the second number...that's why only one entry per person...Logan got a little constipated the last time I used the Cheese-o-matic.)

ILYK
Edited by drneal

one day, about 6 months ago, i arrived at home at a funny smell was in the air.

Saki, my Samoiedo, was jumping up and down, and had a weird look on his face. there was pee all around the house.

i followed the smell and found a broken bbottle of wine on the floor... paw marks on the wine pool and licking marks.

he was drunk!!!

What a great idea for a cointest drneal!!!!!!

My cat Nikos is definitely my best animal friend. He seems to be a combination of cat, dog and human :( He loves to play fetch with his gray mouse (gray only) and drink water out of the faucet. He is also my alarm clock in the morning if I fall back to sleep. He is partial to gray and pink.-here are some pictures of my sweet boy :cool:

When he was little he loved being carried around in Leah's doll basket-

NikosandBasket1.jpg

Then he got bigger and he didn't fit as well :D

Thisbasketisshrinking.jpg

Here he is in Leah's drawer (notice the pink?)-

Nikoscomfyinhisdrawer-1.jpg

I swear this is true-I took this picture Thanksgiving day last year after he had eaten a lot of turkey-

IMG_1229-1.jpg

He also knows which stocking is his :D

Nikosisready2-1.jpg

I could go on and on, but I don't want to take up too much space-thank you again for cointest, I can't wait to read the posts!

Editing to add the favorite memory-I guess I got carried away and forgot to add that LOL! My favorite memory is the day we let him out of his cage after he was all healed from being hit by a car. I LOVED seeing him running around the house again!

Edited by burgessfour

Hmmmmm.... favorite memory! When I was in High School, I had an English Bulldog named Butterbean. He did all kinds of tricks (like jumping up and biting... and keeping ahold of a tire swing for 20 minutes at a time).... and was a serious glutton. The day after Thanksgiving, my Dad had a leftover ham that he wanted me to throw to the dog. So, I unwrapped the ball of meat and threw it out in the yard. Bean was accustomed to playing in the yard with bowing balls.... so he probably figured that's what it was. He started to roll it down the hill when he realized.... it was food! He began devouring the 15 pound ham ball. Half way through he needed a stretch.... so, on a food high, he ran two laps around the house. He then ate the rest of the ham. Yep... a 100 pound dog eating a 15 pound ham... within about an hour. He was so full that he couldn't make it up the steps. He looked like a cartoon character. Needless to say, Bean was using the john every time you saw him after that for a week.

sidenote- Bean ate a basketball once.... it blocked the output from his stomach. We thought he was dying from cancer until the Vet decided to open his stomach.

Hard to narrow down to one, all my sweet memories of my furry family members, past & present, but here's one I thought of immediately...

It was a near-freezing February evening when a tiny feral kitten showed up in my yard, cold & hungry & frightened. I put out some food, but the kitten wouldn't let me catch it. I worried about the kitten that night, hearing the rain & wind, & knowing that kittens that young can't retain body heat. The next morning, I went outside, & my Labrador retriever, Jed, stuck his head out of his doghouse, & to my amazement, the tiny kitty popped his head out from under Jed! The kitty had been snuggled up next to Jed's big warm belly all night-- so I worried for nothing! Well, Barney (the kitty) grew up, & he & Jed were best friends!

Hi, thanks for the cointest drneal!

We bought our dachshund Louis from a pet store. I know, I know, not responsible at all! He was a spur of the moment decision and after I regretted not taking my time and doing some research before buying a dog from a shop. Don't get me wrong, I am totally happy with Louis so far ;)

This is more a story about what we did right. A year and a half later we decided that one dachshund could never be enough! :antenna: One day while walking Louis we saw 'dachshund' paradise through a fence so I went around to the front and introduced myself. Turns out the were our nearest small animal rescue which coincidentally specializes in long n' lean doggies ;) We told them we were looking for a friend for Louis and a couple of months later we got the call. Could they bring Duchess over to meet Louis? She was a beautiful long hair black and tan princess. Very shy at first and a bit chubby. Both her and Louis are 'large sized' minis, around 12 kilos. She got on well with Louis they had a ball wearing each other out tearing around our yard! So we said 'yes' and she stayed with us from then on. The animal rescue had her for a total of 2 hours!

That first night she sat alone on the opposite end of the couch to me and Louis was in his position of being wrapped around my shoulders ;) . The next night, she was a little bit closer and then the next night on my lap. After that she stuck like glue to me, I couldn't get rid of her. She followed me around everywhere, even the toilet! And that night as our youngest son had a bath, the door was open a crack. It was enough for her to nose her way in and jump in with him! So....we found out she adores baths!

It was great adopting an adult (teen) dog, she learned right away where she was to do her business and there were many situations where we weren't sure how she would react. Our first couple of walks were interesting as we found out she mostly barked at men or women with ball caps on. Other than that, she was the perfect dog, just what Louis (and us) needed. I have no idea why anyone would give such a darling dog up.

Thanks drneal. You know that it has been very hard on me because our dogs stayed behind in Canada. In fact, they stayed with the very animal rescue that we got Duchess from. They moved to a large farm and I am happy to report they are really happy there. I am counting down the days until we move back (march/april 2011) and I miss them so! I think about them every day and stalk anyone walking a dachshund as I am desperate for even a little long doggie love...

Edited by gardengorilla

I grew up with American Eskimos, but I got my own when I was about 7. I named her Trixie Lee. She broke her leg when she was about 6 weeks old, and I was in charge of taking care of her, a big thing for a little girl. I requested a pink cast, after all she was a girl and helped her keep it clean and dry when she was outside. She looked like a big cotton ball and was so funny dragging that little pink cast behind her leaving lines in the carpet. By the time she got the cast off we where inseparable, and there was no way I would let my parents sell her. They relented and let me keep her. I would work with her teaching her tricks, she was such a smart baby! No one could even thing about messing with me, when my brother and I would play, if he started getting rough with me she would start nipping at him (never in a mean way, just in a leave my mom alone way). She actually got breast cancer when she was about 12 years old, and had surgery a couple of time. She lived with it for 3 or 4 years before it got the better of her, but even right up to the end she was still my sweet little girl, licking my cheek as I was crying. :antenna: Best dog ever!!!!

Not an entry drneal but I just had to show this one off

This is Robin, he is my daughters' kitten, this weekend we had to babysit him, as you can see he is a bit of a devil and loves to climb where ever he can this is on a bakers rack that has a few dolls out for Halloween

photo1.jpg

Happy Halloween everyone :antenna:

Ten years ago, we were fortunate enough to have the opportunity to get a purebred Golden Retriever at no cost to us other than the usual shots and stuff. The kids were excited as was I and my wife. We looked to give him a name that was simple enough for my 2 year old daughter (at the time) to speak without difficulty.

Luke was the name we chose, and since he was a purebred, we had to give him an official "special doggie name" for the papers and settled on "Luke's Golden Challenge", a name he quickly lived up to.

For about the first two weeks, while he settled in, he was kenneled at night so we didn't wake up in the morning only to dodge bombs and puddles. The only problem was that he really missed his mommy and brother so he wimpered and cried unceasingly unless I was there with him until he dropped off to sleep.

Well, this continued for at least the first weeks. When he went in the kennel, he would wimper and I would grab a pillow and blanket and lie down next to his kennel and talk to him until he slept.

Well, that was ten years ago and Luke is now gone. Kidney failure caused a rapid decline in his health and we had no option left but to have him put down. He was a happy and healthy dog all those years.

imag0066.jpg

Luke's first picture

jujitsumombbtesthalloween2006_021.thumb.jpg Luke at about 6 years old

Edited by labrat_wr

What a great idea for a cointest! Who doesn't love sharing stories of their little furry family members??

We have a dog that we named Chili. She is our little Chili-dog, and she was a rescue. My wife's cousin takes in dogs from Humane Societies when they are about to be put down because they were not adopted in time. My wife told her cousin that we were looking for a small, non-shedding, indoor dog, and that is when we found out about this little girl. She was 1.5 years old, in heat, and being kept in a cage with her brother (so we were not sure if she was pregnant when we brought her home). It was so sad to see how she felt...for the first several months, she hated being off of the floor. She did not like being held, and she would not stay on the bed or on the couch or anything like that. She has since acclimated herself very well, and loves our whole family. She is quite the little cuddle-buddy as well. The really impressive thing is that we had another baby since we brought Chili to our home, yet she still knows (and respects) her place in the hierarchy. She does not get jealous of the baby at all. She is a very good girl. She is now about 5 1/2 years old (her birthday is 12 April).

Here is a picture of her when we first brought her home:

2006-110106-Chiliinbed-a.jpg

Here she is exhibiting her dominace now:

2009-070209-shegotme-a.jpg

And here is one more, showing how much she trusts me. She let me put the camera so close to her, and she made no effort to move away...LOL!

2009-122209-Chili-a.jpg

Thanx again for the cointest!!!

(edited for spelling)

Edited by SgtMikal

I volunteered to train a yellow lab, Jonas, as a service dog. However, due to random seizures that developed, Jonas would not be placed as an official service dog. However, the organization received a special request from a family with a young boy who was recovering from some bone cancer, which has caused some amputation of one leg. He had asked his parents if they could get a dog and someone in the organization found out and thought this could be a perfect match. But they didn't know how perfect it would end up to be!

For those that don't know about service dogs, they are very well trained and are given to someone with a disability to help them gain independence. They learn to ignore many distractions, sleep in their own kennels, do not jump up on people or furniture, and master many commands.

So while this dog was well trained, this was still not a promised gift to the boy. So the plan was for me to visit the home with a representative from the service dog organization, at a time when just the father was home so we could all meet and have a mini-interview. The father could meet me and Jonas, while the representative could also visit the father and home.

As I entered the house and met the father, we let Jonas loose in the house to explore the new area. While we weren't worried with his behavior, we also tested to see if the father was ready for this experience.

As the service dog representative continued to ask and answer questions, I realized Jonas had not returned to us and I feared he might have gotten into something. I tried to think of what could peak his interest that much. It was then the father informed me they have cats and asked if I had any cats. I'm allergic to cats, so Jonas had never really seen a cat, much the less played with a cat, so I was a bit worried. The father went off to look for him while we anxiously waited. He came back with Jonas to report what he had found.

Jonas was in the boy's bedroom, up on the bed, sleeping on his pillow. My heart melted. This is a dog not allowed to jump up on furniture, yet for whatever reason he had found his home. Nothing I could have said in the interview would have topped that action. Jonas was a hit with the father!

As tough as it was to say goodbye to Jonas as he went to live with his new family, that memory will never leave me.

Edited by MinnesotaBen

hey everyone

i have have had 2 cats and they were both adopted from 2 different people. the first one, Mafalda (died october 2008) was a beautiful cat. she had a leg problem and sometimes could turn it 180º to the left and it was cool cuz she would just be there moving her foot while sleeping and dreaming (i think) anyway she passed away a few months after i got her and is now buried in my front yard. she was beautiful!

my second cat is Riscas! Riscas came to me very young but still had some experience. so today i will tell you the story... His old "owner" told me cuz she was working at a pig farm when he was born. she helped the mom give birth and then kept following them until he came to me!

he was born in a pig farm and after his 4 brothers went away and his mom went away, he stayed at the farm because he had everything there. he ate pig food and the ladies from the office gave him food and he learnt how to hunt on his own etc. he was then upgraded and taken to the offices draw (i had a picture but cant find it) then he was given to me.

i have just have so much fun with him. he follows the long pieces of grass, tries to go through a closed window by running and jumping against it ( i think he might of fainted for a sec), catching the birds and small mice from the yard. he knows my cars engine noise and comes close to the car when we arrive home and finally he sits on my lap during TV hour and bed time! He is a great cat. sometimes he is there to give company but once even got rid of 2 burglars by biting them. well he bites everyone he doesn't know, unless im talking to them and i have trained him to jump up high and catch stuff. im gona see if i can get him to go to the toilet

he is afraid of brooms but he can handle mops but the best part is that he likes to play with lego, just like me!

I LOVE YOU RISCAS! YOU ARE MY BEST FRIEND!

he really is a good, loving, smooth and calm beautiful cat!

thankyou

Gui look

Yesterday was Kita's birthday! She turned 11!! I can't believe she's a senior now. :antenna: I got her as an adult rescue, but she's always acted like a kitten. ;)

Mishka, the dog, is also a rescue, and she's been with us for about 9 months now. Mishka weighs 10x as much as Kita does, and yet Kita's the boss. Go figure.

And me?

I'm the thing they both like to lay on.

bed.jpg

It could be worse, it could be the 110 lbs dog on my neck....

I love them both so much!

happy birthday Max!!! :santa:

Oh... to choose one memory only? huh... it is so difficult... I have great memories from all the pets I had!!! I had a sad memory from my small parrot who died, but I will not mention that!

the best memories I had were with my first cat, Kiki! We found her one day outside of our door! she was a dirty hungry kitten! We loved her with the first sight and she became an amazing cat!!! She was probably the cleverest cat I have even seen!

I wish I had photos to show her to you.... unfortunatelly I do not! :santa:

I have memories of how she was acting... she was a member of our family for sure and her reactions were almost like a polite human!

she didn't enter the house unless she had the ok, she never touched food unless she knew that it was hers... she was amazing!!!

The best memory I have from her is when I was very very young and I was about to stop using my chamberpot! It was a duck shaped one... and it had a beautiful head of a duck....

the cat was probably watching me using it and... one morning my mother found pee in it! She thought that I went during night... but it wasn't me!!

I told her that but she thought I lied!

The next morning again the same thing... and again, again...

She wanted to know who was doing that so one morning she woke up earlier and saw... Kiki my cat using the chamberpot!!!! Can you imagine that??? It was a funny thing to see a cat peeing on a duck shaped chamberpot... and the cat looked so normal!! From that time she had her own chamberpot!

I have to say that we had a box with sand for her... but... she wanted to copy me!!! :santa: What a cat!!! I will always remember her with love!!!

A couple of years ago I was making a pest of myself at the Humane Society- stopping by a few times a week to check out the puppy situation. Got a tip that there were some yellow labs they were getting in from fostering soon, and being Lab mutt lovers I kept checking.

On a Friday the girl I was bugging told me that the labs were a bit away from being ready, but they'd have some Border Collie mixes ready to go on Saturday and I could request to come in before open to see one.

I showed up Saturday morning, with a handful of other folks figuring I'd just check the pups out, but wasn't to expectant as since our last 2 dogs were large (100#) lab mixes and 3 of 4 cats were black and I was looking for a change of pace and in a smaller version.

The staff started bringing out the typical black/white Borders for us to play with in the 'bonding' rooms when I spotted a fuzzy ball of tan & gray coming out from the back and intercepted the girl before she could get near the rest of the crowd. The rest was predictable- cute, playful pup, enamored human, paperwork, a check, and off I was with a 'blue merle' colored doggy.

Fast forward a week or so, and we're moving my son up to UConn with it's roots as an Ag school. We had to stop by the barns to check out the 'aminals'.

Cows were a bit scary.

Pigs uninteresting.

Then the sheep pen. A little blur of a pup running along the fence, yapping at and 'herding' these beasts that outweighed her by a ton! Hasn't stopped herding yet- drives the cats crazy and keeps the young neices and nephews in line when we see them! Still the sweetest pup you'll ever meet, even though she's nearing the size of 2 Border collies @ 75#(daddy must've been kinda large!)

2b79e18e-fbfc-438c-8143-1c82cce3b22e.jpg4555f023-48b7-4fc9-9769-6ba67eee99a8.jpg

Years ago, we were owned by a Pug named Tazz. He was an only child and appropriately spoiled rotten. When my Mom passed away her little Boston Terrier named Sparky came to live with us. Up until this time Sparky had been somewhat of a problem child and had several nasty habits that included being a very fussy eater but not at all fussy where his bathroom was.

From the day Sparky moved in, I could see a difference in him. He knew something bad had happened, (dogs do know these things) and he seemd to know that life as he knew it would no longer be the same. He took it all in stride though and I watched him as he learned how things were done at our house. He patiently waited until Tazz was done eating and then with permission he eagerly had his fill too. Sparky was only too happy to go outside with Tazz to water the bushes and he made sure to hit each one Tazz did for good measure. Tazz didn't share his enthusiasm though, he was quite put out to have to share. At times he would even grumble or totally ignore Sparky's existance. In time though they became brothers, even sharing a bed when no one was looking or when it was chilly.

Sparky lived to be one of the most intelligent and best mannered dogs I've ever been fortunate enough to know. And even as his health failed and he had to be helped to get around his only wish was to be the best friend he could be and I will never forget him.

I'll dig around and see if I can get my old scanner to work to post some pics. Thanks for the cointest drneal and Happy Birthday Maxx - many more to come!

I have a lot of memories of all the dogs that shared our lifes so, it was hard choosing one ;)

I went with a more recent one. This summer we went on a trip to the Pacific Coast and I was really happy to see that dogs were permitted on the beach in Oregon as long as they were on leash. This was the first time our geodog Wyatt Earp put his paws in the Pacific Ocean. Now that I think about it he never went in the Atlantic either, we have to take him there one day, much closer to home :rolleyes:

As you can see he just tasted the water which was quite cold by the way :D Later that day, we stopped at an other deserted beach. There was no one in either direction so, I just let him ran freely. In fact, he always stayed closed to me and ran away just to retrieve the sticks I was throwing at a distance. We had so much fun, it felt like were were just the two of us and had the world to ourselves. A very sweet memory which I hope to relive again one day :)

Plage_wyatt.jpg

Have a nice birthday 2themaxx and maybe go on a trip to the beach one day B)

Edited by Laval K-9

Happy Birthday Max!! It was great meeting you this summer and hope to see you next summer too :) Many thanks to your Dad for this cointest too.

This is a cointest that is near and dear to my heart as many of you know. I have many memories of the great dogs who have owned me over the last 30 years but I can't really limit myself to just one. (Its like the Lays potato chip commercial where you can't just eat one LOL)

I decided to talk about Mandi my first English Springer Spaniel. I got her in 1989 as a 9 week old puppy from what would now be called a backyard breeder. Despite that she was the smartest dog that I have ever owned or seen bar none. She had a great personality and was quite a character. One neighbor lady still laughs about Mandi's escapades.

Mandi wasn't allowed on the bed but almost every night I would wake up and find her cuddled up next to me. I had just divorced a snoring husband and I for sure didn't want to sleep with a snoring dog. Night after night I found her there and couldn't figure out how she managed it without waking me up. One night I discovered her secret. At the end of my bed I have a cedar chest. She climbed up on that and then put one paw on the bed. She waited at least 10 seconds if not more and then put the second paw up and again waited. She did this 4 times. When she finally was on the bed she curled up on the corner of the bed farthest from me. After she decided I was still asleep she then crawled up and cuddled up to my back with her head on the pillow. Was she surprised when I told her to get down! :) She continued to do it though....

When we got her I had a 10 year old blue merle sheltie named Lady. Lady became like a mother to her. Lady had hip dysplasia and as she got older I carried her up and down stairs. One night Mandi jumped on the bed and whined. I told her to get down. She kept doing that and finally I was wide awake enough to realize that something was wrong. I found Lady on the floor wedged under the corner of the bed. Because of the hip dysplasia she couldn't move to get herself out and that was what Mandi was trying to tell me.

When Lady was 18.5 years she died in my arms of natural causes. I laid her on the family room floor on a pillow. The next day Tom and I took her to be cremated. For the next several days Mandi laid on the floor there watching the spot where I had placed Lady on the pillow. A few weeks later I took her to Tom's house where she had been numerous times. I always walked her before going inside and she absolutely loved that but that day when we got there she refused. Instead she insisted on going into his house. She checked out every room including the bathrooms and the basement. To this day I believe that she remembered that Tom and I had taken Lady and she was checking his house to see if Lady was there. When she was finally satisfied we went on the walk.

Mandi 1989-1999

img005.jpg

img006.jpg

Lady 1979-1997

img004.jpg

Happy Belated Birthday Maxx!

Thank you Dr Neal for having this cointest for everyone to write about their pet. I love to see the pictures everyone posts. We are very lucky to have pets, at least most of them :)

This story is about our pet Maya. Not my best animal friend, but she is NOSNOW’s.

Maya is a severe macaw. She is a one person bird, and that one person is not me!

Maya3.jpg

She is NOSNOW’s bird who sometimes tolerates me. She is a rescue bird given to him by a veterinarian. She can’t fly, so she walks around the house. She can be very comical following us around like a puppy dog. We just have to be careful not to step on her.

Sometimes she goes upstairs looking for us.

Maya6.jpg

Getting her to come down isn’t always easy for me. Sometimes she’ll come down all by herself but that may take some time. Having a bird is like having a perpetual 2 year old.

A lot of the time she acts like an alien and tries to attack me! Needless to say, her and I are not cuddle buddies.

Maya2.jpg

Over the years we have both mellowed and we have mutual agreement. I leave her alone and she doesn’t bite me!

I almost forgot to mention Maya is only 26 years old we expect to have her with us for many years to come!

Happy Belated Birthday Maxx!

Thank you Dr Neal for having this cointest for everyone to write about their pet. I love to see the pictures everyone posts. We are very lucky to have pets, at least most of them :D

This story is about our pet Maya. Not my best animal friend, but she is NOSNOW’s.

Maya is a severe macaw. She is a one person bird, and that one person is not me!

Maya3.jpg

She is NOSNOW’s bird who sometimes tolerates me. She is a rescue bird given to him by a veterinarian. She can’t fly, so she walks around the house. She can be very comical following us around like a puppy dog. We just have to be careful not to step on her.

Sometimes she goes upstairs looking for us.

Maya6.jpg

Getting her to come down isn’t always easy for me. Sometimes she’ll come down all by herself but that may take some time. Having a bird is like having a perpetual 2 year old.

A lot of the time she acts like an alien and tries to attack me! Needless to say, her and I are not cuddle buddies.

Maya2.jpg

Over the years we have both mellowed and we have mutual agreement. I leave her alone and she doesn’t bite me!

I almost forgot to mention Maya is only 26 years old we expect to have her with us for many years to come!

emm... sorry for mentioning... but I think your parrot forgot her pants.... dress...!! :) Sorry for the bad joke!

Why she is naked (without feathers in the chest, belly, legs..) like that?

Edited by GATOULIS

We had this old yellow tom cat, big ole boy. We named him.....Tom.

(I know... creative)

Anyway, I was laying on a couch and was just talking up a storm back in high school, and my mother was sitting next to me with Tom on her lap. Anyway, I 'm rambling on, and Tom stretches his paw and puts that big ole thing right on top of my mouth.

My mother, never to miss a moment...."see, even Tom wants you to shut up"

:)

I regret to admit that I have no pictures handy to post. My dad surprised us (my brother and I) with a new puppy when I was 4 years old. He was a springer spaniel named Tubby. Over the course of the next 13 years, Tubby slept on my bed with me every night. My parents say that when my brother and I were playing in the yard (4.5 acres), all they had to do was look for the dog to figure out where we were. He was with us all the time, and he wouldn't have had it any other way. We sometimes called him the frog dog, as he would pick toads up from the creek and chew them up, only to spit them out and go get another one.

Tubby was my first pet, the one I had for the longest time, and I still think about him daily.

We had this old yellow tom cat, big ole boy. We named him.....Tom.

(I know... creative)

Anyway, I was laying on a couch and was just talking up a storm back in high school, and my mother was sitting next to me with Tom on her lap. Anyway, I 'm rambling on, and Tom stretches his paw and puts that big ole thing right on top of my mouth.

My mother, never to miss a moment...."see, even Tom wants you to shut up"

:)

:):D:lol::)

The Cheese-O-Matic did its job, and the winner is

The dogs are fed cheese, and the winner is

Hard to narrow down to one, all my sweet memories of my furry family members, past & present, but here's one I thought of immediately...

It was a near-freezing February evening when a tiny feral kitten showed up in my yard, cold & hungry & frightened. I put out some food, but the kitten wouldn't let me catch it. I worried about the kitten that night, hearing the rain & wind, & knowing that kittens that young can't retain body heat. The next morning, I went outside, & my Labrador retriever, Jed, stuck his head out of his doghouse, & to my amazement, the tiny kitty popped his head out from under Jed! The kitty had been snuggled up next to Jed's big warm belly all night-- so I worried for nothing! Well, Barney (the kitty) grew up, & he & Jed were best friends!

Congratulations GoldBugGirl!

Please e-mail or PM me your address so I know where to send your coin (someday you might want to get on the google, geocoin address list.)

Thanks all for sharing.

Congratulations GoldBugGirl!

Please e-mail or PM me your address so I know where to send your coin (someday you might want to get on the google, geocoin address list.)

Thanks all, for sharing!

ILYK
Edited by drneal

Ohhh, I just got my email....what a great surprise! I'm so happy to win the beautiful Border Collie coin. Thank you, Maxx and Heineken, for not eating the cheese with my number--good dogs! Your daddy can give you both a big hug from me. He probably should take you for a nice walk, too, after all that cheese. :) Thank you also, Drneal, for the cointest! I hope Maxx has a very happy year as a 3-year old.