school project

4turtles

It would probably be a good idea to set a few in motion at the same time, since sometimes they dissappear, and often they don't move around too quickly, and the 4th graders might lose interest.

What is the class trying to accomplish? The goal of the bug(s) should reflect this. Typical goals might be to visit all 50 states, to move around a specific state, or to reach a specific destination, etc. If there's more than 1 bug, you can have them 'race' the bugs. If you can find another class of 4th graders interested in it in another school, your class can challenge their class to a race.

I walk the Maze of Moments, but everywhere I turn to, begins a new beginning, but never finds a finish... -Enya, Anywhere Is

Take a read over hear. It might help you to make your bug a little more successful.

I don't think it really matters whether the bug has a specific goal or not. Sometimes I've seen them have better luck if they don't have a very specific goal, as cachers can just take them anywhere, but it is fun to make them go somewhere.

With a class, what about a goal of having it roam free, as long as it's back in a nearby cache by May. That way you can have a better chance of getting it back.

Markwell

Chicago Geocaching

If you're looking for more activity, add a new requesting that it be re-hidden in simple under two star difficulty, newly hidden cache. If it winds up in a remote cache with lots of terrain and dificulty infinding it or that's been visited by most everyone in the area, it could sit there for a while in my opinion. It might create a lackof interest in the project.

On the other hand, it that could teach the kids patience!

Alan