Change Username

RoDoT

Hallo, can I change my username without lost my statistic (founded caches, TB ....). Thx for your answer. rtewes

Hi rtewes

Yes you can. We changed our username a few weeks ago (to change an '&' to an 'and) and everything switched just fine. All your logs stay linked to your account and nothing is lost.

You may just have to log out and back in again to the forums, as your new user name will have to register here too. But that's straight forward.

Lovejoy

Further reading:

Username Change

thanks. i was just going to post a question on this thread about this.

when i first stared i joined as "brucred" because that's what i always was on forums and sites, but now that we have gotten into the swing of caching and the kids are always with me, i want a better geocache name. i thought you used to have to re-log everything, but if it's all automated, i'll be doing it shortly.

now to pick a good name for us.

thanks for the info.

update.... i just came up with our new name, it's taken, but the cacher hasn't been on or logged anything since 2006. any chance of them purging this name?

Edited by brucered

<snip>

update.... i just came up with our new name, it's taken, but the cacher hasn't been on or logged anything since 2006. any chance of them purging this name?

nope. How do you know the cacher won't start caching again next week? And if the cacher logged *any* caches deleting the name will affect the statistics of the logged caches.

<snip>

nope. How do you know the cacher won't start caching again next week? And if the cacher logged *any* caches deleting the name will affect the statistics of the logged caches.

they could change NON-active accounts, say 2y or more into CACHER001, CACHER002 and just notify them.

i know, wishfull thinking. i thought i had our name picked up and it was disappointing to know it's just sitting there not being used.

oh well, they search continues. :(

Those user accounts may not have ever logged into the forums. The "forum account" is not created until they log into the forums.

got our new name picked out anyway. it all worked out. thanks for the help.

Once your user name has been changed, log out of the forums, and then log back in via the 'Forums' link on the Geocaching page in order to show your new user name in the forums.

<snip>

It has been dont at least once to my knowledge, the user name had been registered since 2001 - but had NEVER been used (no finds, no hides, and email never verified)

And I was very greatfull :antenna:;););)

Once your user name has been changed, log out of the forums, and then log back in via the 'Forums' link on the Geocaching page in order to show your new user name in the forums.

THANKS. there we go. that was pretty slick, a nice easy changeover.

now it's show us as "TheRedArmy" aka Brucered.

thanks a bunch. we picked a more family oriented name that includes us a group, instead of me singly.

now the question is, Why is the site all in German for me?

Du bist angemeldet als TheRedArmy Abmelden

WILLKOMMEN BEI GEOCACHING.COM

Geocaching ist eine High-Tech-Schatzsuche, an der weltweit abenteuerlustige Menschen mit GPS-Geräten teilnehmen. Grundlage des Spiels ist es, im Freien versteckte Behälter, sogenannte Geocaches, zu finden und über die Erlebnisse online zu berichten. Geocaching ist für alle Altersgruppen geeignet. Geocacher bilden eine starke Gemeinschaft und unterstützen den Schutz der Natur. Suche einen Geocache über das unten stehende Formular oder informiere Dich über die ersten Schritte.

Edited by TheRedArmy

now the question is, Why is the site all in German for me?

Du bist angemeldet als TheRedArmy Abmelden

WILLKOMMEN BEI GEOCACHING.COM

Geocaching ist eine High-Tech-Schatzsuche, an der weltweit abenteuerlustige Menschen mit GPS-Geräten teilnehmen. Grundlage des Spiels ist es, im Freien versteckte Behälter, sogenannte Geocaches, zu finden und über die Erlebnisse online zu berichten. Geocaching ist für alle Altersgruppen geeignet. Geocacher bilden eine starke Gemeinschaft und unterstützen den Schutz der Natur. Suche einen Geocache über das unten stehende Formular oder informiere Dich über die ersten Schritte.

That's the only downside to changing your username. :D

Go to the bottom of a cache page, where you will see:

"Choose Your Language: English Deutsch Français Português Čeština Svenska Nederlands Català "

- Except you will probably see it in German! Click on "English"

I suspect you have accidentally clicked on German... :huh:

:laughing:

Edited by Bear and Ragged

That's the only downside to changing your username. :D

"Choose Your Language: English Deutsch Français Português Čeština Svenska Nederlands Català "

thanks, got it working.

i actually never selected any language, it must have defaulted to GERMAN.

oh well, works fine now.

thanks again.

That's the only downside to changing your username. :laughing:

thanks, got it working.

i actually never selected any language, it must have defaulted to GERMAN.

oh well, works fine now.

thanks again.

It's caught one or two out, I think maybe there's a bug which 'kicks in' sometimes and changes the language settings... :D

Glad you're able to read the pages again! :laughing: